Buying a horse - where?

Zannah

Nov 9, 2018
HI I am looking to buy a horse in the South West region although will travel further if needed. Can anyone recommend where to look? I've tried H&H.

Now facebook have stopped horse sales I think everyone is having to re-learn where to look, I would try preloved, maybe horsemart (if that even still exists!)

Reactions: Huggy
Pre loved is good - I got Hogan on there. :D At the time there were lots within a radius I was prepared to travel.

Yup, pre loved, horse mart, speak to everyone, farriers & instructors seem to know of most horses who are for sale in any given area, friends at the yard, local tack shops often have a board, but yes pre loved is popular.
Is that a recent thing @Jessey re Facebook?

Another one that's quite good, tho local to Hampshire and Dorset, is NFED.

Yes @Kite_Rider. It's been in the pipeline a while. No advertising of any animals allowed on Facebook. They are really clamping down. Some site are now validating posts before they go onto pages. I think they get one warning and if groups dont abid they get closed down.

I think the rule has existed for a good while but they are really clamping down now, I've seen several groups shut for it and Facebook are removing loads of posts, some even just personal pictures of animals not for sale but something in the post triggering the computer system to remove it.

The old fashioned way, word and mouth, tack shop, asking your instructor if they know of anything.

newrider.com