bug armour????

alfie

Mar 8, 2005
:confused: would love to know if anyone has used the cashel bug armour for riding out?? iam having a terrible time hacking out on my horse!!!! we have moved yards 12 weeks ago into the heart of the new forest and there are crab flies or flat flies as the correct name and my horse goes mental when one but usual five or more land on him!!!!!! he bucks to try and get them off and if that does,nt work he will try and run around, all while im still on him. they crawl over the horse and bite them to suck their blood, and they go for the sensative parts(if you know what i mean?) i have tried EVERY fly spray on the market but none of them do a thing other people in the area say some horses are ok with them but others are like mine. they either dont ride or get off of the horse and catch them. i have done this on my last hack out but as soon as i get back on more appear, so want to know if anyone else has had the same problem and if anyone uses a ride on fly sheet or the bug armour?? its over £60.00 so quite expensive and dont want to buy it if it does,nt work, :)

I haven't tried that but I won't buy any other fly masks than the cashel ones, they are brilliant and if their masks are anything to go by I'd say the rug would be a good bet.

:) thanks mareish, i guess no one else has the same problem?? and i agree with you i already use the pasture fly mask and their quiet ride fly mask. so i think i.ll give it a go thanks for the reply!!!!

newrider.com