Buddy not picking up

Free Adverts from New Rider

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
Still not got his hinds on today, so waiting till farrier comes this week and see if we can figure out if he is hurting or if he is being awkward. He lifts his fronts which is where he has arthritis, but it is the hinds that are the issue, but i suppose that would put more weight on the fronts. He needs his boots on to be ridden so he knows he is going out. Usually when he has them taken off, he lifts his foot no bother.....hard to read.

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
He has been out hacking today, 50 minutes, we have a hunt ride next weekend but as the ground is rock hard suspect we will not go.

Otherwise he has regained his weight and is feeling good.

Reactions: Huggy

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
Buddy has been off since then as i did my back in and have been unable to ride. It's getting better and I weighed him today, he has gone back up to 546kg which is above his 538 usual weight, and the ribs are well covered again. Just moved them onto the winter field as the summer field is so wet and trashed due to recent rain. He can go out or come in as he wants. May have to reconsider Suze's regime as she has ballooned....all the others are ok.

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
I watched him last night, he came in for supper at 6pm, wolfed it down, then Fleur and Suze went back up the winter field, he followed and chased her right up the hill at full gallop, really giving it welly going up the hill. Thrilled to see him so happy and full of himself. Did some massive bucks and charging around. They must be out most of the time, last two mornings my total mucking out has been 3 skips yesterday and 2 skips today, usually at least 9 of them.

• Love
newrider.com