Brushing boot recommendations

Lissie

Jan 18, 2016
I'm thinking about getting Lottie some boots for cross country schooling, she doesn't wear any for hunting, after weighing up the pros and cons I think that's best. But for cross country schooling where they won't be on as long and no mud/grit to get inside I'm thinking they could help prevent any knocks. She has quite a short sturdy cannon bone, premier equine small cross country boots spin round so no good. Would she be better off with a cross country or brushing boot? Need to lightweight and something that won't heat the legs.

I don't use boots as don't want hot legs but when I thought I was going to have to for Jess I looked at loads and decided I wanted the equilibrium tri-zone allsport boots as they are really light and very ventilated, but she stopped taking chunks out of herself before I got around to it :rolleyes:

Reactions: Lissie
@Jessey yes the hot legs worries me too but then I worry she might strike herself or knock a solid fence which would be bad too. Swings and roundabouts really o_O Will take a look at the tri zone ones.

Reactions: Jessey
I got some of the tri zone boots a few years ago now for Raf, but I didn't like them because they were almost rigid and wouldn't wrap round Raf's little legs. Probably ok on a horse with more chunky legs though.

Reactions: Lissie
Thanks @Bodshi that's useful to know, Lottie has very sturdy legs. Like little tree trunks :p nothing princessy about this pony haha

I quite like the look of the Le mieux stealth and Majyk Equipe cross country boots too. I don't mind spending up to about £100 really if they are a better boot with good airflow and will protect her.

newrider.com