Brook has been busy

CharliesAngel

Jan 15, 2010
in the spirit of keeping the board busy - Brook has been a super busy pony so thought Id do a little update.

Im now taking her once a week to someone local who produces and she is getting her jumping for me. Ive done polework with her and popped over a teeny raised pole but she is a very spooky girl. The first time she enters the arena, or see’s the poles on the ground each week it is as if she has never seen them before. After a warm up she settles and then ends up jumping really well. I just feel she really needs someone uber confident who is just going to sit quietly and not let her stop or run out and that person isn’t me haha. the rest of the week she is hacking out with me and going to a FW lesson and she is going sooo well, Im chuffed to bits. Last week however I hadnt realised we were booked into a poles and cavaletti session! We arrived in the arena and went sideways for the first little while. The RI was super and ended up having to lead us over 1 single pole on the ground but nothing was forced or stressy, she was great. I was really pleased as we ended up trotting round over 4 poles and then into a 15m circle with 4 cavaletti. This section was cantered by everyone else however it was too tight for a baby pony but instead we cantered and did every 2nd cavaletti :D so into the circle and over 1 and out and round the next one.

HkWsLsw.jpg

mi1jQIa.jpg

vnAXCoD.jpg

Wow she is pretty :) !
I see what you mean by her difference between the flatwork photo which is absolutely beautiful & the jumping one where she looks spooked:D
Thanks for the update - the board is a bit quiet:oops::(

Reactions: CharliesAngel
thanks, yes she does lose her ‘happy face’ when jumping bless her. Hopefully with once a week input and time we can get her confidence up a bit.

in other news, i sold skye on :( felt really rotten poor girl but i just dont have time to keep 2 in work. The main reason i got her was because i missed long hacks from home and she is so good in traffic that i was able to hack her through the village and get access to longer off road routes. However... Brook is my number one, ive had her since she was rising 3 and unhandled and we’ve come so far. she is thriving on 1:1 and being my only-pony and Ive accepted with her i can only hack along the road and back from home. However with mini-ca being at school im finding i can now trailer her out to hack with friends a lot more easily and she is going great guns hacking in a group and managing some road work with company.

I see what you mean about her happy face, she makes that lovely flatwork shape look easy but it does seem that jumping gives her pause for thought. Your RI sounds great though, not pushing her, and I'm sure she'll settle to it.

newrider.com