Broken down

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Hi everyone sitting here waiting for the Aa.
Wheel fallen off my truck!!! Was due at the dentist so just rung and cancelled that. Bummer as I’d geared myself up for the appointment. Any spare vibes for getting home most welcome. Feel like we dodged a bullet as it could have come right off as we drove over the Churchill barriers!!!

Lol yes I really did want to get out of seeing my dentist!!:D
Seriously though it was scary. The truck suddenly veered out of Mr ts control and luckily we pulled over just at the start of the barriers- otherwise could have been nasty as we have the sea at both sides:eek:

I feel for you. I nearly lost a wheel coming home by myself a couple of years ago. It is scary. Luckily I was able to pull over onto the verge when it lurched, and I was not far from home so MrSL was able to pick me up and arrange for recovery. Hope it all gets sorted for you quickly.

Reactions: Trewsers
Oh crikey Mrs, that's one hell of a way to get out of your dentist appointment! Hope you get the car and your tooth sorted soon :)

Oh crikey Mrs, that's one hell of a way to get out of your dentist appointment! Hope you get the car and your tooth sorted soon :)

Lol that's what one of our neighbours said too!
I had gotten myself all psyched up for the appointment as well - so really really miffed about that. Never mind, least no harm done to us (it was scary the way the car veered out of control)

I feel for you. I nearly lost a wheel coming home by myself a couple of years ago. It is scary. Luckily I was able to pull over onto the verge when it lurched, and I was not far from home so MrSL was able to pick me up and arrange for recovery. Hope it all gets sorted for you quickly.

Yes that was lucky for you pulling over, we managed to get into a space just before the second causeway which was lucky. Horrible feeling though when you have no control. Good job Mr T was going slowly (as for once we'd set off in plenty of time for the appointment!)

Have you just had the car serviced by any chance.
We nearly lost a wheel a couple of years ago, it started making a terrible noise on one side of the car, so we pulled over and called the aa. When the man came and started to look for a problem one of the wheelnuts just fell off into his hand. We looked a bit like idiots as he discovered all the wheelnuts on the tyre were loose. But we were lucky as we had been on the motorway the day before and driven 140 miles without knowing. The car had been in the garage a few days before for servicing and mot. They had had the wheels off to do some work. Clearly someone didnt do it back up. Someone also got very rapped knuckles in the garage as a result. I believe the mechanic who worked on our car had failed to do a few other things on other cars by all accounts. They were very apologetic and asked us to take the car in so they could check for damage and wheel alignment.

We nearly lost a wheel a couple of years ago, it started making a terrible noise on one side of the car, so we pulled over and called the aa. When the man came and started to look for a problem one of the wheelnuts just fell off into his hand. We looked a bit like idiots as he discovered all the wheelnuts on the tyre were loose. But we were lucky as we had been on the motorway the day before and driven 140 miles without knowing. The car had been in the garage a few days before for servicing and mot. They had had the wheels off to do some work. Clearly someone didnt do it back up. Someone also got very rapped knuckles in the garage as a result. I believe the mechanic who worked on our car had failed to do a few other things on other cars by all accounts. They were very apologetic and asked us to take the car in so they could check for damage and wheel alignment.

yeah we had some stuff done about three weeks ago. I don’t know if they’d have had the wheels off but it does seem odd. When the aa man came he said there were no nuts on at all! It’s not something I’d have thought to check but will do in future. I did wonder if it was something sinister underneath because it was such a dreadful sound - plus we had some welding done during the summer. That’s old trucks I guess......

Yes, same reason in my case.

My dad always tells this story where when he was young they were driving along the motorway (they being my dad, mum, mums cousin and his parents) and a wheel sailed past them. They all found this hilarious until they very quickly realised it was their wheel. In the middle lane of a motorway!

Sounds like you had a lucky escape!

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com