British Dressage today

jane & william

Jan 26, 2008
Well the weather was on our side for a change

Got to Manor Farm, tacked up and warmed up, William was very unsettled by a mini shetland that was aloud to roam, and freaked out on the way to the warm up arena.

Did some nice work in the warm up and in we went....................... William turned into a spookie sharp nutter as soon as we went in, he acted like he had never been there in his life . Had discussed with my instructor that I would do the first test in rising trot, so I did, but William was very high in the head he was still on the vertical, but jsut tense, and lookie, even managed to ride on the incorrect diagonal a few times . Came out wondering what I'd been working on all winter, Julie put it down to us both being nervous

anyway had an hour and 45 minutes before the next one, so sat and watched a few tests and had a cuppa, then went back and tacked up ready to warm up for the next test.

Went straight into the arena in rising trot, trotted round the edge and in we went in rising trot, much more settled and really relaxed the both of us that was Did poke his nose in the entry hault but other than that he was a very, very good boy, I was enjoying the test and William so much that I forgot the first give and retake across the diagonal , so she rang the bell and said I had to go back and do it as she had to mark it, I was cross with myself, but we went back and did it, he actually did it very well and finished the test

Came out so pleased it was 300% better than the first test, but I had no idea about the judging as it was a different judge from the first test.

Untacked and went for another cuppa and to watch some more test, and see my instructors hors strut his stuff

Results, well we got 60.3% in the N33 Really didnt think we would of got over 60% even if it was by .3 of a %. So William got his first British Dressage point

Then N37, on the board it said we got 61.04% so another British dresage point

BUT when I went back to tha car I added up the marks on N37 as we had lots of 7's and only one 5, so thought I should of got more, and yes I was right we got 63.6% and so gained another British Dressage point So I went back and told them .

We came 5th out of 6 in N33, and 2nd out of 10 in N37 in the restricted section, and 5th over all just .3% behind my instructors horse out of 17 horses:D

So William is now the proud owner of 3 British Dressage Points....................................How proud am I

Jane & William

ps William got a 7 for the give and retake that i forgot, so we lost two marks on that for my error

Came on tonight specifically to see how you'd both done. Well done. Bet you are totally made up! Always double check your sheets, busy organisers sometimes make mistakes adding up, esp. when people keep coming in and interupting! Did the same myself today :eek:. Soon resolved thankfully. You should be able to get those prelim qualifiers under your belt without too much of a problem now with the confidence from this competition to boost you.

Thanks Jane.A you were the reason I posted tonight, as you had been so helpful in the lead up to today.

Piccies will be up later, ill post a link, if im aloud?

Jane & William

Well done, novice tests are no picnic - I'm too chicken to try one yet with Mrs P! We were victims of the adding up error syndrome today too - we had all 6s + a 7, but the score was 55% :confused: I may be crap at sums but that looked funny to me. Turned out it was 60 & a bit % :) Much more respectable! We can onlydream of BD points though ;)

Well Done :D

How worrying about the maths though! I have never checked my scores because the way in which they are calculated is a mystery to me and I assumed that a mistake would be rare :eek:

Could someone please tell me how they are woked out?

Well done!

I always check my scores! Even at regionals - if I hjadn't one year it would have cost me a qualification to nationals.

Easy way to add up quickly:

Quick way to add up if scoring. Work out what the 50% mark is (half of max test score) then for every mark over/under 5 add on/subtract the appropriate number of marks. e.g. for a 7 add 2, for a 4 take off 1. Watch out for the movements/collectives which count for double marks. Total number of marks acquired divided by max marks x 100 = %

newrider.com