Brilliant Weekend with Kelly Marks!

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
I noticed on her message board last week that she was asking for helpers for her Perfect Manners course not far from home this weekend. As Cherry is still out on loan and I wasn't planning on seeing my granddaughter, I emailed her to offer my services and got accepted :).

I have had a lovely time, just being in the background to the students - tea and coffee making, bringing horses in from the field, grooming and caring for them, taking them back and forth to the round pens for their 5-minute stints, as well as observing a heck of a lot and sitting in on lectures. Kelly is lovely and I felt really welcomed - by all the team actually.

It WAS hard work but completely enjoyable and I wouldn't hesitate to offer to help again. :)

I'm tired but happy - what a shame it's back to work tomorrow!!!

Wow I would have loved to have done that too! I bet it was interesting. I quite like Kelly Marks and her way of doing things.

That is wonderful Domane.
I saw that offer on the other forum you mention and thought what a great opportunity.
Bet you saw loads of interesting stuff.
Errr - no photies I s'pose? :cool:

Brill isn't it, and Kelly is a superb teacher. You ought to do the 5 day course yourself now :)

What a fab experience that must have been! Kelly Marks is a great horsewoman.

Brill isn't it, and Kelly is a superb teacher. You ought to do the 5 day course yourself now :)

yep, I think you're just the right kind of person, you put people and horses at ease, even shy and nervous people like me! and...if you want a horse to take, you know where to come! ;)

I've done her 5 Day Foundation Course and LOVED it!!!

She's a real gem of a person, is Kelly - and her 'staff' and you helpers are awesome too!!!

:D

newrider.com