Brilliant Bank Holiday! Jumped 4ft! *pics and vids*

Jun 28, 2006
Lovely Leicester
:D:D:D

Went to Birmingham to be reunited with Jenny2502's Puzzle, have missed him so much! He's a complete dude! I won't blab on and on here are the pics! :)

He didn't think anything of the 4ft! (guestimated) Didn't even think about running out just popped it like the little star he is!

No critique please, haven't jumped very much in 2 months, not ridden Puzzle for a year and not jumped this height in a very long time! :|

IMG_5732.jpg

IMG_5846.jpg

IMG_5853.jpg

IMG_5855.jpg

IMG_5777.jpg

IMG_5781.jpg

Last edited:
nice :) but he looks quite tired at the end, just be careful you don't push him to big heights when he is too tired and discourage him.

There was me expecting to see some tall leggy tb and how lovely to see a hairy cob clearing 4 foot!!!! He's stunning and well done you!!

hi everyone and thanks for all of your nice comments. He doesn't jump that big very often but when he does he absolutely loves it, he didn't even attempt to run out in fact he was pulling Kat into the jumps and didn't even notice when i put it up!
hes got springs in his feet! not your typical cob, he's always had an amazing jumping ability since i bought him 5 1/2 years ago, my friend jumped him 5ft about 2 1/2 years ago and kats jumped him 4ft 7in just over a year ago. He was a bit tired towards the end but i know him and i know his abilities and when hes had enough and he could happily have gone on for another 10mins or so but i decided enough was enough and he got a long long walk off and hose down and another walk off. ps those vids and pics were made over 3days not all one session!!
Kat is a brilliant rider and puts him very close to the best of his ability here's to the next time you come Kat!! and glad you had fun! xx

Well done! I think that's about 3ft 6 but still a great height and it feels amazing doesn't it?! I've only done it once but it was WOW!
(Thus far me and Henry have cleared nothing bigger than a haybale!:D)

Hehe, I went on the poly jumps website and it said the triangle ones are 3ft with a pole and the measurements for the little ones underneath are 660 mm x 460 mm x 300 mm and I presume the 300mm is the width, the converter on my phone says that's 0.9ft so I think it was 3.9ft :)

Thanks yeah it did feel wicked :D Strangely enough Jenny was more scared of it than I was :p

hes 14.2 1/2 hh to be exact me and H4E remeasured him sunday because we swore he'd grown but he hasn't!
yea he hasn't jumped that big in a while so i was like OMG on approach lol! but i know he can jump a good foot bigger, but the arenas small so we didn't even attempt.
pah 3ft 9! field next time kat!!

Kat is a brilliant rider
She really is ! check out her position in every one of those pics - she never changes - perfectly consistent. I am sooooooooo envious ! Very nice to watch, thankyou :) I love the way you used the littler jump to set him up just erfect, and how he adjusts his jump so he's really using very little effort no matter what the task is. I think there's a lot I can learn from watching the video. Thanks !

Excellent! I never thought cobs could jump that well until recently when my daughter had a lesson on a cracking little chap called Harry! We lurve him now!

I think this jump was about 3ft 3"
5292_1195581688806_1206377093_30554222_4794993_n.jpg

newrider.com