Bridle that won't stretch?

SeeingSpots

Toffee - Spotted Hotshot
Feb 27, 2015
North East, UK
www.instagram.com
My John Whitaker Mexican grackle has stretched so much that I've had to put extra holes in and it's still not as snug as I'd like or as it should be. I don't want to spend a fortune on a bridle for it to stretch out massively like this one has. A bit of stretching is normal but this is completely ridiculous. Can anyone recommend a good quality, long lasting brand of Mexican Grackle bridle please? Tried a Sabre and wasn't really impressed with it to be honest.

Thanks in advance!

About 8mths old! Seems crazy to have stretched so much in that time to me but maybe that's normal. Annoys me that JW have everything attached and you can't mix and match tack but the bridle fits him really well which I don't get a lot with bridles on him.

I wouldnt expect it to either, but I suspect it's made abroad sadly these days.
Saying that my cheap bridle hasn't stretched, but the noseband is feeling sorry for itself.

Reactions: SeeingSpots
I think the leather on the JW stuff isn't as nice as it used to be. I've has Bail a long time 8/9 years and he came with a JW one that still looks really good hasn't stretched. If you do look for another I recommend the shires range, Charlie has the grackle and cavesson bridle and I'm pretty impressed with them for the price. He has both the 3 point, 5 point and stud girth to match and they have all lasted well so far. They look smart too.
11141189_1046082182098630_7676193255348932535_n.jpg

I have a kp albion bridle which I bought from someone on here for£20 about 5 years ago. It is still in perfect condition. They are expensive to buy new, but I think worth their money.

Reactions: SeeingSpots
newrider.com