Breathing Probs, Vet Update

teddypony

Well, the vet came out today and called me after she examined Boss (see other post to find out the problems). She said she didnt seem to have anything particulary wrong with he, but that she couldnt rule out things like allergy or infection and that i could either leave it or carry on investigating.
So, i have decided for my peace of mind to have her scoped on monday-sadly i wont be able to be there again because on uni) but results of that and blood tests will be back by the end of the week, when i am back. So hopefully all goes well and it is treatable. :)

Scoped on monday, the trach wash showed that the fluid in the lower windpipe is full of dirt/rubbish, so its been sent of to a special lab in newmarket to be analysed. Results back tomorrow or friday, also had some blood tests done at the same time, she is going to give me the results of both together. Vet is thinking its nothing too serious though and easily treatable, ie an allergy or virus of some kind.:rolleyes:

Glad to hear it's easily treatable anyway, it's always a worry when they're poorly. What a year it's been for the horses what with one thing and t'other. Let's hope Boss is back to normal asap and next year is a better year for all of them!

newrider.com