Breakthrough with Pablo!

Esther.D

Jan 3, 2003
Shetland!
maenoferren.mysite.freeserve.com
Ok this is going to sound really minor, but to us it is a major breakthrough....

he came over to us and let us walk around him and stroke him all over when he was loose in the field!

This is the first time ever in the whole time we have owned him so we are over the moon with him!

....we have been catching him by luring him into a round pen with food and once in there he is fine to catch, but loose in the field you cannot catch him or even touch more than the tip of his nose before he shys away.

This was the first time he willingly let us into his space when he was loose, he let both of us rub him all over and even let Stephen give him a hug! We made sure we did not restrain him in any way and didn't even consider catching him we just gave him a stroke and a scratch and then walked away...he is finally starting to tell us he is ready and willing to come to us of his own accord, we had no treats or feed he was just happy to walk up and let us stroke him.

:D :D :D :D :D

Is this the same horse :eek: :D
Wow, you both must be exstatic!! I know I would be. All your hard work and patience is paying off. You'll have a super little riding horse (ok, hes huge ;)) in no time at all!!

Well done both of you :D

That has just made me so happy. I can only imagine the happiness you two must feel! Such great work, you two deserve all the good rewards he can give you. congrats on everything! :)

We are getting there.....slowly but surely we are seeing light at the end of the tunnel:) His weekend away seemed to make such a difference, he hasn't looked back since! I have no idea what it did but from the first minute he arrived there (and ever since) he has been a different horse. When we were there he even let Stephen lean over his back without even stiffening up or resisting in the slightest..and now actually coming to seek attention in the field - its a different horse!

know how you feel, amber used to have me biteing my lip when trying to catch her but then something just clicked and now i cant get her to leave me alone when I'm in the field!!!

feels liks you've just jumped a 12 hh blind pony over a 5" fence!!!:D Trust feels great doesn't it well done to you!!!:D

newrider.com