Brand new here

Skibum

Jun 9, 2021
Hi. I am a new rider. I am an adult disabled rider. I also do many other sports and I am a Special Olympics athlete. I am so glad to be here and I hope I can learn a lot from this community.

Hi there! I just responded to your other thread. It's great to meet you. It sounds to me as if we may all be able to learn a lot from you!

Which sport are you an Olympian in? That is just so impressive.

Hi there! I just responded to your other thread. It's great to meet you. It sounds to me as if we may all be able to learn a lot from you!

Which sport are you an Olympian in? That is just so impressive.
Thank you so much! I actually do a lot of sports. In the summer I do flatwater kayaking and I am learning whitewater but whitewater is not with Special Olympics but with Team River Runner that serves disabled veterans and families of veterans and non veteran disabled people. I also do bmx racing also not with Special Olympics. I also swim. In Special Olympics I do bowling, golf, kayaking (flatwater racing) bocce, figure skating, heptathlon, swimming, long distance walking, and alpine skiing. I also do alpine ski racing not with Special Olympics. But in 2017 I made the Special Olympics national alpine ski team and competed at the 2017 SO World Winter Games in Schladming, Austria and brought home a gold and a bronze for the US team in advanced level GS and Super G. I am hoping to make the 2025 national ski team if everything gets back on track from COVID. Where I live, SO has not done any in-person sports since COVID started. I also like to hike and take nature photographs. I want to do SO equestrian as well but my state only has one equestrian team in the whole state right now so once they start doing in person again we will have to see if that will be possible. I am also scheduled to start equestrian with Easter Seals once they restart in person as well.

Reactions: Jessey
Hello and welcome. Hope you enjoy your foray into riding. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Reactions: Skibum
newrider.com