Boxing Day Ride, Anyone Else?

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
PicsArt_12-26-04.45.36.jpg

I like this photo because the sunlight has caught the guard hairs on her ears. It's was windy and chilly that's for certain.

That's the looking at the view pose. Probably the cows few miles over, or sheep :D She really does nose!

I got out today, it was still windy but I had company so off we went and I'm so glad we did, it was perfect sunshine and we laughed all the way for our 2 hour mosey, perfect ride :D

I actually rode yesterday! My sister is up visiting so she rode Major with me. Last week Moët was ridiculously on her toes and unsettled, everything was potentially going to kill her.....I was very nervous after having 5 months out of the saddle I really don't want her to be like that! Yesterday she was still spooky and forward but a little less hyper sensitive so I enjoyed yesterday's walk / trot out....feel like it will be a while before I want to canter her though!!

Hoping to ride tomorrow too before my sister goes home. Then plan to school Thursday/Friday/Monday as hubby off work to babysit the kids!

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
Yup me too, just got back from a lovely but freezing hack :D no photo's though, I always forget and it was too cold to dig my phone out of my pocket.

Reactions: Trewsers
I got out today, it was still windy but I had company so off we went and I'm so glad we did, it was perfect sunshine and we laughed all the way for our 2 hour mosey, perfect ride :D
That was us today a mosey, no trotting.
She was disappointed as the people we met were not interested in stopping. Its funny as you get your regulars who stop, then those on holiday but Christmas no one does.
People watching lol. :p

Reactions: Jessey
I had a lovely ride yesterday, everyone else in the house was hung over or going out so I felt no guilt about spending the entire day at the yard, apart from brief lunch break when I was lucky enough to catch Thistlecrack winning the King George.

Today I've felt duty bound to spend a day at home with the family and I'm bored as hell! I thought I'd enjoy a day when I didn't have to do anything at all apart from watching tv and catching up on little jobs round the house, but I was wrong. I vacuumed this morning and I know the place needs dusting but I can't muster any enthusiasm for it when I know I've got hours ahead of me ... I've decided I work better under pressure. Just going to make another coffee to pass the time. Then might take my binoculars and go on a bike ride to look for a large bird of prey that we keep seeing about when we're riding. It used to have bells on it's legs so it must be an escapee but it's been around for a few months now.

am afraid ours spent the day inside as it was too dangerous to open doors.

A little snap from today's frosty hack on the forest

eW9iC7V1.jpg

I'm now too having a family day, eating my bodyweight in Christmas food & watching old musicals with my sister!

Last edited:
The girls have ridden every day except Christmas day. Today's entertainment.....

Not sure if you can see clearly but they are head to toe in new personalised Oscar and Max kit! Plus a new body protector each.

DSC03721(2).jpg DSC03699(2).jpg

I rode today for the first time since Wednesday. My back pain has been really bad. I have been so miffed to not ride on my days off. I had it all planned. I wasn't so bad so got on today. I did have a trot and canter on billy but then regretted it as the pain returned.

I had a lovely ride yesterday, everyone else in the house was hung over or going out so I felt no guilt about spending the entire day at the yard, apart from brief lunch break when I was lucky enough to catch Thistlecrack winning the King George.

Today I've felt duty bound to spend a day at home with the family and I'm bored as hell! I thought I'd enjoy a day when I didn't have to do anything at all apart from watching tv and catching up on little jobs round the house, but I was wrong. I vacuumed this morning and I know the place needs dusting but I can't muster any enthusiasm for it when I know I've got hours ahead of me ... I've decided I work better under pressure. Just going to make another coffee to pass the time. Then might take my binoculars and go on a bike ride to look for a large bird of prey that we keep seeing about when we're riding. It used to have bells on it's legs so it must be an escapee but it's been around for a few months now.

I don't like being trapped in, somehow I do less house chores when this happens too!

newrider.com