Boxing day food!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
T is making chicken broth with left over bird from yesterdays lunch - that we will have today for luncheon and he's prepared a steak meal which is in the slow cooker for tonight. It is a new receipe he's invented - it smelled delightful whilst I was mucking out - he was frying the steak off with red wine, mushroom and onions. Now it is in the slow cooker ....mmmm.
So, who is eating turkey up and who is having a change?

Well so far today I have eaten Maltesers and Liquorice. So I'd better go and get some food and start looking after myself!

We're having a little buffet when my Sister finally gets here with the kids! :rolleyes:
Cold meats, dips and other finger food. Followed by trifle and Christmas cake (and grazing on choccies :giggle: )

Chocolate! Well in between my chocolate meals I am having smoked salmon on scrambled egg and toast for lunch, this eve will be left overs as bubble and squeak

I have taste tested everything on the buffet before everyone arrives and will of course need to do so once more before I go to collect everyone, just to make sure it doesn't degredate over time. Can't wait. We have 16 humans and a dog coming to visit.

Boxing Day is always my favourite day of the year.

I have taste tested everything on the buffet before everyone arrives and will of course need to do so once more before I go to collect everyone, just to make sure it doesn't degredate over time. Can't wait. We have 16 humans and a dog coming to visit.

Boxing Day is always my favourite day of the year.

Hehe yes I like testing stuff too!
Hope you have a fab day.

I am having a yummy brunch of bacon, eggs and pancakes with maple syrup at the moment.

Will go back down to my mums later (I stayed there last night only few mins away) for dinner with family, no idea what we'll have, I imagine turkey leftovers or something like that.

We had bubble and squeak for breakfast and now about to have cold meats, turkey from yesterday, breaded ham and beef, with creamy mash, coleslaw, potato salad, red cabbage, horseradish, pickles etc.

Gateau Diane, chocolate gateau, mince pies, christmas pud or sherry trifle for dessert or a bit of each :giggle: Plus after eights and matchmakers.

I'm on the bubbly stuff and have been since bucks fizz time at breakfast.

I have been for a long dog walk though so am aloud to pig out now!!

Ooohhh can't wait yummy!!

We had both our families over for dinner yesterday & there's a lot of food left so we're taking it round to my parents' for Christmas dinner take 2! OH & Dad will be having turkey and Mum & I will finish off the nut roast wellington I made us.
So far today I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast then have been sampling chocolates my Dad got me from a fancy chocolatier's shop near his work - yummy!!

We've had turkey and leek pie with bubble and squeak... and cranberry sauce and bread sauce and two types of stuffing! Left over queen here!

Well I've just eaten my third helping of the lunch time broth! It was too good to waste and we won't be eating until after 9pm tonight.... Mmmm - pulses rule ok!

Last edited:
So far today I've had,
christmas cake for breakfast :/!! Followed swiftly by Turkey/ham/stuffing/cashews and anything else I could get my greedy little hands on:/....
Just come in from yard and demolished half a GIANT white choc toblarone:/
Then off to my lovely nans tonight for a HUGE feast of all the leftovers/cheeses/chocolates/every food category possible!! Before I no doubt have to be rolled into bed tonight:/
I spend the ENTIRE year on some diet or other then blow it in a couplea days...;) ah don't ya just love Xmas;)!!!! X

Cold beef and salad for lunch, with My special Christmas pud- YUM even if I say so myself. Tonight OH finished the beef with mash, whilst I had pork chop and cauli mash. Oh and more pud!

So far today I've had,
christmas cake for breakfast :/!! Followed swiftly by Turkey/ham/stuffing/cashews and anything else I could get my greedy little hands on:/....
Just come in from yard and demolished half a GIANT white choc toblarone:/
Then off to my lovely nans tonight for a HUGE feast of all the leftovers/cheeses/chocolates/every food category possible!! Before I no doubt have to be rolled into bed tonight:/
I spend the ENTIRE year on some diet or other then blow it in a couplea days...;) ah don't ya just love Xmas;)!!!! X

This sounds like me!!! I have spent the day grazing on leftovers. It would seem sooooo wrong at any other time of year and is yet acceptable at Christmas! I even start to sound like my Mum, saying things like 'It'd be a shame to waste it.......' 'It needs eating up.......' etc......

We had cold turkey, ham and salad. Sausage rolls, mini sausages. All sorts of cheese, boiled eggs. Plus the usual pickles etc.

Lots of chocolate:happy:

I have already got to the "I never want to see another slice of Turkey" again stage.

newrider.com