Boots that you can pump full of air?

Rea

Aug 31, 2007
My farrier told me today about some boots he'd seen that once you put the horses foot in there is a thing inside you can pump full of air which fill all the gaps inside the boots making them a tight, perfect fit.

Anyone know what they are called?

Yep, Marquis, by Stride Equus ( I think that's right). I have some*. What do you want to know ?

*Well, Ok, I USED to have some, now I have one - it's a left one. What does that tell you about how well they stay on ?

Ive been contemplating the Marquis Supergrip - your the 1st person ive come across to give a negative comment TBH; the bumf says the suit "any shape of foot" is that not REALLY true :confused:

i haven't used them but one of my farriers (i've had quite a few ;)) didn't recommend them but mentioned his experiences with them. he shod a lot of endurance horses that were racking up the mileage and he said they had reverted back to mac boots as the marquis boots had fallen apart very quickly where as the mac boots just keep on going.

From the feedback I've read elsewhere they either work brilliantly or not at all, unfortunately you don't know until you try. Personally I'd go for old macs or easyboots, or renegades if your horse has small feet, I never fancied the idea of pump up air bags in boots, seems like trouble waiting to happen to me.

so is that why they only tell you to measure the width of the hoof on their website???? And i couldn't see anything about pumping them up with air:confused: what page is it on?:)

Thanks everyone, I bought the old mac g2's, just when my farrier saw them he said he'd see a horse with these marquis boots and though they looked good. From what I've read on them now there does seem to sound like there can be issues getting the air right inside so they cant get the boots off, but I think I've made the right choice in getting the old mac's they're great!

I really love he Marquis boots - they are SO much easier to put on than say EasyBoots. They pump up easily to give a great fit .... they're easy for the trimmer to shape perfectly ..... but ..... when one pulls off in the mud, there's nothing extra to keep it on. unlike with the easyboots, where you have the gaiter to ensure that even if the boot works loose it will not come off, with the Marquis boot, it can work loose and be gone before you have any idea of it. And they're over $300 a pair.

newrider.com