Boots for a horse that hates them!!

pedilia

Apr 24, 2005
Cambridge
Paddy needs brushing boots as he is very close behind and has a previous brushing injury.
I have some bog standard Woof ones and William Funnel tendon boots but he hates them, he constantly crosses his front legs an rubs them together to get them off, a bit disconcerting when on board!!

I need some lightweight, breathable boots. Any ideas??

I'd try the Equilibrium Stretch and Flex boots too - they're the only ones Daffy will happily wear. Expensive, but worth every penny IMO.

Bandages are a lot of hassle.

I'd try the Equilibrium Stretch and Flex boots too - they're the only ones Daffy will happily wear. Expensive, but worth every penny IMO.

Bandages are a lot of hassle.

Bandages are fine once you get used to them, it just takes a bit of practice. Plus they're easy to keep clean, cheap enough that you can have several sets, a perfect fit & come in all sorts of colours :)

I know, I can do a set of 4 in under 5 minutes on a horse. But they're still more hassle than a set of boots. :p

Plus there's the danger of your horse bolting when they come loose - mine once protected Daffy's hind leg from a dog bite, but that pulled the bandages loose and it turned into a bit of a nightmare. :eek:

Yeah I was going to suggest bandages but I have the stretch and flex wraps and love them. They're very lightweight and flexible. :)

I'd be careful with the stretch and flex wraps, I have known them slip after a while which would be even worse on a horse who hates boots.
If he only needs them behind can you not just leave off the front ones?

newrider.com