Books - what are you reading currently?

candyflosspot

bossy boots
Sep 7, 2010
Sheffield
I started reading The Hunger Games on sunday night which is pretty good so far ( i know its a "teenie" book :redface:). I am enjoying it so much i went & bought the 2nd book in the trilogy last night as i KNEW that i would want to read the next one straight away.

Whats everyone else reading?

At the moment I'm reading D Koontz - "Intensity". It is gross, funny, scary and thrilling (in equal measure!lol). I cannot put it down - last night was testament to that as it was 11.30pm when I put the light off, which is VERY late for me!!!

Oh I love reading. I read 7 books while away in Australia for a month, total bliss :cloud9:

At the moment I'm reading The Time Travellers Wife, it's good & I'm enjoying it although a little confused about a couple of things which I hope will be clarified by the end or I'll have to google what I don't understand :nerd:

Just about to start the Death Instinct by Jeb Rubenfield. Loved his first novel The Interpretation of Murder so fingers crossed this one is as good.
Will be reading the hunger games at some point, let me know how it goes.

Just about to start the Death Instinct by Jeb Rubenfield. Loved his first novel The Interpretation of Murder so fingers crossed this one is as good.

I have The Interpretation of Murder at home as it was recommended to me & heard several people say how good it was but I couldn't get into it at all. Strange, especially as I have a BSc in Psychology! Maybe I ought to give it another crack...

Am not reading anything at mo, but everyone seems to be raving about the Several Shades of Gray or something???????????

At the moment I'm reading D Koontz - "Intensity". It is gross, funny, scary and thrilling (in equal measure!lol). I cannot put it down - last night was testament to that as it was 11.30pm when I put the light off, which is VERY late for me!!!

The early night didnt happen then? I was still reading at midnight & had to make a concious effort to PUT THE BOOK DOWN :help:

Oh I love reading. I read 7 books while away in Australia for a month, total bliss :cloud9:

At the moment I'm reading The Time Travellers Wife, it's good & I'm enjoying it although a little confused about a couple of things which I hope will be clarified by the end or I'll have to google what I don't understand :nerd:

ooh good book and made by cry at the end. Avoiding the film as it wont be anywhere near as good as the book. What is it you are stuck on? Maybe i can help without giving too much away :unsure:

Am not reading anything at mo, but everyone seems to be raving about the Several Shades of Gray or something???????????

oh yea 50 shades of grey.. i know a lot of people reading these books as well. Am put off as i believe they are a bit "bonkbuster" ish :giggle:

Her next book, 'Her Fearful Symmetry' is MUCH better, one of my favourite books!

I'm on the last book in the '50 Shades of Grey Series', they're awful, badly written, cr@p plot, basically I'm just reading it for the sex!

After that I've got 'The Hunger Games' loaded onto my Kindle!

Errr not sure i want to admit it as I mostly read complete trash but Sealed with a Kiss by Fiona Walker.. I have just downloaded a selection of books to read by the pool while I am away but to counter the rubbish I have also loaded 6 papers from the Quarterly Journal of Engineering Geology onto my kindle too because I haven't read anything in a while for my CPD! :redcarded: and a book on the second world war by Antony Beever, I read his D Day and found it very interesting so thought I would give this one a shot.

ETA bet you can guess which ones will get read first!

Last edited:
What is it you are stuck on? Maybe i can help without giving too much away :unsure:

I don't understand how at the beginning of the book when they met she knew him but he didn't know her? :unsure:

I do get a bit confused with this time travel malarky, a few times I'd had to stop & think how & why it's happened :redface:

Because he hadn't started time travelling yet at that point, but she'd known him all her life because when he did start, one of the first places he went was back to see her as she was as a kid.

I'm currently reading 50 Shades of Grey too, mainly just to see what all the fuss is about! OH has read it and I think he hopes it will give me inspiration! :wink::giggle:

My dad has also just given me his old e-reader with all of his books on them, quite enjoying working my way through the Clive Cussler novels

Because he hadn't started time travelling yet at that point, but she'd known him all her life because when he did start, one of the first places he went was back to see her as she was as a kid.

But he time travels as a kid.... I don't get it, it's the beginning that is throwing me! :redface: :help:

But he time travels as a kid.... I don't get it, it's the beginning that is throwing me! :redface: :help:

Yea but he didnt know that he was time travelling as a kid and then didnt time travel for a long time until early adulthood. The first time he time travelled as an adult it happened to her field that he landed in

ah right, its been a while since i read the book! He can only time travel back to places he's been before and to see people he's known before so he couldn't time travel back to her prior to having met her. Does that make sense? So as a kid he went back to places like his mum's death. Then he met her at about 20 (her age). In his life he then started going back to visit her as a kid.

newrider.com