Bonus hack today

chunky monkey

May 2, 2007
I was just hacking up the hill looked down and saw a ten pound note on the track. Or so I thought. So jump off the horse, pick it up, looked round to see if anyone was about and shoved it in my pocket. Well when I got home I opened it out and to my surprise it was 2 £10 notes.
My mum said it was dishonest but would you have pinned it up on a tree like you would if someone lost a glove or hat. If I had seen someone drop it then I would have told them, but no one around what else could I do. I suppose I could go and pin a notice to a nearby tree with details. How many calls would I get claiming it. If it had been someone's wallet with identity then I would or even take to the police. How do you prove you dropped some money whilest in the countryside though. Was I wrong to pick it up.

Stop fretting. I would have done the same if it was just in the middle ofcno where, could be anyone's, but unless it was close to a house or yard or had some form of ID with it then yes I would have, although I probably wouldn't have noticed it in the first place. If you feel guilty you could always donate it to charity or something.

Lol reminds me of something that happened to me many years ago. I was upstairs on a bus on my way home from OH's. I spotted something under the seat in front. It was a tenner and a fiver. Guess what I did?! Took the dam fiver and left the tenner:rolleyes:o_O I felt so guilty:p I just felt less bad about only taking the fiver. The bus was empty btw. Not that that makes much difference. Guess I should have handed it over to the driver. But I was unemployed and very very hard up at the time. Just hope whoever lost it didn't need it desperately!

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Sorry forgot to answer your question: no you weren't wrong to pick it up! And as KR said, if you felt really bad why not give a bit to charity? That's prob what I'd do!

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Lol reminds me of something that happened to me many years ago. I was upstairs on a bus on my way home from OH's. I spotted something under the seat in front. It was a tenner and a fiver. Guess what I did?! Took the dam fiver and left the tenner:rolleyes:o_O I felt so guilty:p I just felt less bad about only taking the fiver. The bus was empty btw. Not that that makes much difference. Guess I should have handed it over to the driver. But I was unemployed and very very hard up at the time. Just hope whoever lost it didn't need it desperately!

More than likely the driver might have just pocketed the money.

It seems you may have been meant to find it!

Sorry forgot to answer your question: no you weren't wrong to pick it up! And as KR said, if you felt really bad why not give a bit to charity? That's prob what I'd do!

I dont think you did the wrong thing if there was Id yes then find the person,
Unless you hear of it mentioned that someone lost money out there yes you have no way to have someone
prove it was theirs if you put it out that you found money.

I like Trewsers Idea of giving some to charity.

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com