Bond that cant be broken - sad

So tragic, poor lady but she sounds very nice and I can sort of see why she did this, must of been heartbroken

It is utterly tragic. And I'm going to be unpopular now but I work in suicide research and there is good evidence that sentimental comforting phrases like "they will be together now" on social media or in the press increases suicide risk as it makes other people believe suicide is a potential route to a happy ending after tragic events. Therapists/counsellors are now trained to be brutally blunt and say we cannot know that they are happy or together. And newspapers have all been asked not to take the 'at peace now" sort of line when reporting suicide.
Awful for every one :-(

Reactions: Gimp and Cortrasna
I found it strange if I am honest, not once did that thought go through my mind.
Yes losing a horse rips you in half, I don't underestimate that. Never felt pain like it. Its like living in a fog.

But to end your life suggests other issues in your life as well? You can't believe everything written but her parents didn't know of her decision to put him down is the sad part for me.

If anyone isn't aware there is this support group.
http://www.bhs.org.uk/our-charity/p...se-owners-to-benefit-from-a-friend-at-the-end

When I lose Jim, & please God don't let that be for years, I know that I'll need Simon badly. If I didn't have him then would I do the same? I don't know, I wouldn't say no.

It is utterly tragic. And I'm going to be unpopular now but I work in suicide research and there is good evidence that sentimental comforting phrases like "they will be together now" on social media or in the press increases suicide risk as it makes other people believe suicide is a potential route to a happy ending after tragic events. Therapists/counsellors are now trained to be brutally blunt and say we cannot know that they are happy or together. And newspapers have all been asked not to take the 'at peace now" sort of line when reporting suicide.
Awful for every one :-(

That is a very interesting viewpoint on the tragedy of suicide and one I had not thought of before. I have to say that does make sense, for me anyway. Having dealt with someone who is constantly at risk of suicide, convincing them that 'No! Everybody will most definitely NOT be better off without you' is a similar sort of issue I guess. They are almost trying to circumvent their own feelings of guilt and convince themselves it is for the greater good - and it seldom, if ever is.

Incredibly sad for her and her family nevertheless. :(

Last edited:
I have now lost several horses and donkeys and my reaction has been the opposite, go and rescue one that needs help.

But I know that I will be gutted when I lose Buddy one day - he is very precious to me. I can understand more how someone elderly, when all their pets are gone, feels there is no reason to go on.

Poor girl, I can understand it, it's just a shame she wasn't able to go out and find another one to fill the gap.

newrider.com