body protectors

Nov 4, 2008
does anyone have recommendation for a good body protector? ive had mine about 5 years now and after a fall yesterday want to replace it as ive fell off a fair bit and they are so essential

i looked at the BETA website level 3 seems to be the highest so would like one of those

I love mine, but not having tried any others, I'm not sure how it compares!!!
I've got an Airowear Outlyne for Women. The fact that its zip up and then adjustable velcro sides, means its a tight fit and stays tight which I like (I've fallen off a couple of times with it on and tbh I tend to either hit my head or my butt so its not had to protect me from much *runs off to touch some wood*).
If you're a tad bigger like me, with a large chest, then it does hamper some movement - I can't bend over very easily in it so doing up my girth isn't easy once on board. BUt I think the would all impede my movement a bit because of my size. The Outlyne is shaped for women which I think is nice, and it looks pretty smart as well.

Last edited:
Ditto FM... I have the same and now I'm used to wearing it it's very very comfy, I am not blessed with big boobies but it is very nicely shaped around what I do have.

I have the Airoware as well not sure if its the outline on. But I ditto FM and KR its REALLY COMFY! I forget I am wearing it. Though since I have lost so much weight its to big on me so looking to get another one but would definitely get another airoware!

Hi Caroline you had an Aerowear Outlyne on yesterday when you wore my daughters bp. I have one too in the next size up. You can try it again anytime. Others like the Racesafe ones which are good too. I think there's at least one person on the yard with one if them xxx

Oh, I'm sorry, who did you fall off? Have missed that post.

I was looking into them, and I think it depends on your body shape. The lady in the shop said I was a Racesafe body shape after trying lots on. Bit like hats, you are a Charles Owen or not really.

I tried a few but found them all a bit uncomfortably tight then discovered my comfy, smart Racesafe. It's adjustable and comfortable and also very light but it does NOT allow for any kind of fancy bra!! :giggle:

Get the brand that fits you. Then wear it. But since the designs change and the standards change too - you may find that a brand that fitted best five years ago is no longer the best now.
I wear Airowear but the new standards increased the thickness of all BPs and I find that uncomfortable under the arms. OH is wearing Racesafe at the moment but they dont fit me.

newrider.com