Body Protectors

flyingirishlass

Mar 1, 2007
Hi everyone, I was just looking for your opinons (those of you who wear BPs) on what is meant to be the safest/best fitting body protector? Beta level 3 is the highest standard on paper i believe, but there are just so many level 3s in different brands etc....just wanted to see which brand/style you guys find to be the best....or if anyone knows what the pro eventers are using (out of interest?)

Might not answer quite the questions you are asking but it gives you some idea of what people think and are wearing.

I have an Aerowear by the way for jumping and hacking, didn't get on with zipped ones as I couldn't manage to zip it up myself :rolleyes:

I like my Champion Cobra, but think I will get a Racesafe 2000 when I replace it, tried a friend's on and it's even more comfortable than mine!

i have a rodney powell - i find it very comfy! i don't like the non - zip ones :p everyone is different ;)

I'd be interested to know what people thought on this too - I'm currently browsing t'interweb to find one to buy and the racesafe ones look great and very comfy but also veeeery expensive :eek: !

Im sure you can buy decent quality ones for a little less than £120?

Im pretty small so was going to go for a harry hall kids one :p anyone has any experience of the valentine ones?

c822_1.JPG

i think my RP was under £80 - not sure about inflation though ;) not sure re kid sizes... worth a look

Racesafe 2000 every time - got it fitted and it's like a second skin, just as well as I always have mine on when riding.

As a trained fitter i can safley say, just because you like a BP it doesnt mean it fits. Every brand is shaped different and fits different. Gte it fitted properly, let them know what you want so that style can be tried first :)

newrider.com