Body protectors that dont fit

Harlequin32

Feb 20, 2008
I would like a bp but cant really afford one- In my local feed/tack place they have second hand stuff and at the moment have a really nice comfy old bp- Its made like race safe ones with lots of little panels so really easy to move in.
Problem is its too big- the actual bp seems ok but the velcro is stretched and it wont do up tight enough.
Is it worth buying and putting new velcro on bearing in mind that i ride without one and cant afford one at the moment so is this better than nothing?
Its so much comfier than any i've ever tried on, and is £14 with shoulder protectors aswell!:rolleyes:

I wouldn't trust it to save your life - you have no idea what's happened to it, and if the velcro has stretched that much chances are it's had a significant amount of wear.

You should be comfortable in the middle fittings of a body protector, so it's probably not a tight enough fit.

No it does look well worn! I just wondered if better than nothing maybe?
I dont compete (Yet!!) so its just for when i feel the need!!

Depending on how old it is it might not be suitable; just like hats Body Protectors have to be to a certain standard too. :)

Perhaps put one on your christmas list? It's coming round surprisingly fast!

I tke cothes size 8 or 10 so imagine small adult size? Cant really afford one as i said just £14 is sooo cheap and it was unbelievably comfy!

newrider.com