Body protectors for skinny folks?

Laura_107

Oct 15, 2010
Edinburgh
Any of you skinny minnies out there got a good body protector to fit?

I think I may have to bite the bullet and get one (I hate them, but think it will be needed in the forseable future), but the last one I tried on was either too wide when it fitted me in length, or too short in the back when it fitted my body.

I would quite like to do a bit of research before I decide whether to get one or not.

I'm 5ft2 and a size 8 (mostly). I got a racesafe one which fits me well. Its a childs XL with a long back:redface: If you go onto their website (can't remember it off the top of my head... treehouse sporting colours I think is where I got mine) then they have a measuring guide. I measured myself, phoned up and was told I was inbetween sizes, the childs one was obviously slightly cheaper so she said I could buy that, if it didn't fit return it for the adults small with a short back. I have to say the woman on the phone was very helpful and the one I got fitted me very well.

Thanks! Unfortunately I'm 5'6" and a size 8, therein lies the problem.....

I will have to get the measuring tape out when I get home tonight.

There are two types of fastening on a bp. There are the sort that lace up the sides which means that if you tighten the bust, it also tightens the waist. Like lacing up a shoes.
Then there are those like airo wear which have two separate fastenings, one at the waist and one at the bust.
When I was thinner, I had a Champion lace up type. It was fine, as I didnt have much bust. OH with no bust has race safe.
But race safe arent always best for thin people. They are too loose round my narrow shoulders. And the panel structure limits the alterations that can be made.
Our grand daughter who is girlish in figure but tall for her age has an airo wear -outlyne. They market them for the female shape! But the Outlyne also comes in children's sizes and will make them longer or shorter to order.
We are lucky because we have a shop where there is quite an expert Airowear fitter. She tries them on you and advises which one you need to order, even if they havent got that exact fitting in stock.
In the days I had my Champion, bps were unisex and if you cant find a woman's one to fit you, you could always try the mens?
It has been said again and again on NR, that it isnt any good going for what everyone else argues is the best brand. You have to find the one that fits you best.

I'm similar size to you Laura and have tried out a friends size S Racesafe which fitted nicely :)

might be worth visiting your local tackshop and trying out several models to get an idea - they've come a long way from the old 'sandwich board' styles. there's also a company that makes them to measure, called Kha or something?

I have a teen sized one with zip on lower back protection. cant remember make but its yours if it fits. Bought it for OH's daughter and she wont ride now. She wears size 8 ladies and it fitted her.

I have a racesafe, adult medium with long back (I think) and it's fab. I didn't know which to order so rang up Treehouse with measurements and the lady on the phone was brilliantly helpful.

newrider.com