Bob the cob discovers his turbo button during Le Trec with photo evidence!

GingerRuby

Apr 14, 2008
Edinburgh
I am a member of a brilliant riding club and was lucky enough to get a place on their weekend camp, which is just completely brilliant fun and just what I needed to take my mind away from the last couple of very tough weeks.

As part of camp, Bob and I tried our hand at Le Trec, which was so much fun. We had done it once before, at camp last year, so very much beginners and trying it all out.

Bob was fab at things like going over the tarpauline and going over the ditch, didn't bat an eyelid and then had to give the more flighty horses leads over both of these, with endless patience. There were also bending poles with windmills on, neck reining around barrels, a maypole, with a lunge line you had to pick up, carry round in a circle then hang back on the hook.

My favourite part was the low sticks though, we had them easy as some of the other horses were 17 hands and Bob is only 15.1.

So, photos. First of all, please excuse my fatness!! Our first attempt under the poles, all calm:

Second time under, I didn't duck low enough, rattled my hat off the sticks and Bob obviously thought we were in danger and had to get us out of there asap, leading to this sequence (when I first saw these I was so impressed, who knew he had that much elevation hidden in there), also very pleased to see I am laughing my head off and not crying in fear!!

and my favourite:

Those are super action shots :biggrin:

Be nice to get some prints of them?? Are they by a professional photographer cos good quality?

I love Le Trec but have only done it with riding club was in as not comps here for it :poop:

I would have to go to scot or eng or way downs south for a comp :stomp:

My fave bit is the under sticks too - whats its proper name?? - which my mare 16.1hh i good at as she ducks too but on my 17.2hh lad who doesnt duck it is not so easy :wink:

He looks a nice solid type. I did camp that included trec it was fun I definitely agree with you.

Those are super action shots :biggrin:

Be nice to get some prints of them?? Are they by a professional photographer cos good quality?

I love Le Trec but have only done it with riding club was in as not comps here for it :poop:

I would have to go to scot or eng or way downs south for a comp :stomp:

My fave bit is the under sticks too - whats its proper name?? - which my mare 16.1hh i good at as she ducks too but on my 17.2hh lad who doesnt duck it is not so easy :wink:

Thank you TBminx! I am so sorry, I have no idea what the proper name is for going under the sticks, pony limbo??:biggrin: That is so funny about your 16.1 ducking, it would be more helpful if the big lad did it too eh? Some of the other horses ducked too, even flattenned their ears, was very cute.

They are by a professional photographer, Event Photography Scotland, we are so lucky to have him come along for the weekend (it helps he is married to one of our fab Commttee Members :giggle:). I bought all of them as digital images, so can post here, and bought that last one as a print but was so impressed with the quality when it came, am tempted to buy the other 2 so I have the sequence!

It seems there is lots of Le Trec in Scotland, we are very lucky, I was speaking to the fab ladies who ran the session for us, and training sessions too, which I am going to find out more about.

Thanks again for your kind comments.

Bob is magnificent! Look at him go!

Thank you Jane! I love that you think Bob is magnificent, made my day :showoff:

He looks a nice solid type. I did camp that included trec it was fun I definitely agree with you.

Thank you NF, solid he most definitely is but then he needs to be to attempt to carry me about!

Oh wow! Those photos are brilliant!!!!:giggle::biggrin:

Thank you Rubic, they made me laugh that's for sure. Hope Rubic continuing to improve?

, am tempted to buy the other 2 so I have the sequence!

Do it!!!! You could get something like this http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/271037569930?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=63&ff19=0 and have the 3 photos together. It'd look great. Someone I know has photos like that up on the wall but it is a sequence of them falling off!:giggle:

Rubic is doing ok thanks :smile: I took her a walk last night and she was spooking at the bales of hay lying in the field, silly horse:yellowcarded:

Bob rocks!!! What a great time you had. Love the fact that you were laughing and not crying with fear lol - (not sure which I'd have been!!)

He looks great. I would love to have a try at Trec but not sure how to get started. My yard doesn't really do stuff like that, although my horse is big and I would have bashed my head at the top!

Look at him go! "Don't worry mum, I'm going to save us!!!"

Fab photos, you make a lovely pair, and Bob is just a beaut isn't he!

Bob the Super Cob. I love those pics, especially the last one, like a medieval war horse charging off into battle! Gorgeous boy!:wub:

newrider.com