Blooming sheep

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
I appear to have acquired 60 sheep which are in our fields eating all the grass I was resting for the winter. I contacted the owner of the field that they came from, not his, someone else's who is out getting pissed at the Common Riding, so god knows when they will come and remove them.

If the boot was on the other foot they would be shouting and screaming but hey ho ok for me, with my tiny bit of land compared to theirs, to dinner b&b their flock. Plus they have spooked the hell out of the horses and donkeys who didn't enjoy being invaded, they were down on the yard and in the stables so have chased them out of there and can't let me lot out in the fields they are supposed to be in as the fields are in the top bit held back for winter and all my summer fields which are being rotated.

Oh not a good start to the day, I would advise the owner they will be being charged for keep! at least a little cash could go towards paying for any additional feed you may have to get in come winter. Unfortunately that won't help the spooked horses and donks, hopefully they settle down quickly.

they are in where I have just planted 100 trees, rowan and birch to provide wildlife cover. and some tosser has strimmed the verge outside my field and takne out 30 metres of bloody hedging I have just planted......if you live in the countryside why do you want it to look like any urban street? I hate strimmed verges

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: Bodshi and Jessey
Don't get me started on other peoples woollers!!! Love them but had ten years of hundreds that invaded nearly all my pasture! You have my sympathy!!!

Now if I get a phone call about my sheep or cows out, I'm there in a flash. I've had enough dog attacks and dealt with the problems that as soon as the phone rings I panic wondering what injurys I will find. Mine are usually out because some irresponsible dog owner has let there dog chase them in the first place.

Reactions: Trewsers
Now if I get a phone call about my sheep or cows out, I'm there in a flash. I've had enough dog attacks and dealt with the problems that as soon as the phone rings I panic wondering what injurys I will find. Mine are usually out because some irresponsible dog owner has let there dog chase them in the first place.

the owner lives down the road from us, his lambs are constantly out on the road, he is coming today to collect them so hopefully they will pay their bill and leave a decent tip

Reactions: Jessey
sheep are gone, all my carefully poo picked fields are now full of sheep shit

Lovely :rolleyes: I remember once at our old house, we had no way of keeping farmers sheep out - came home from work one day to find sheep sh*te all over our brand new concrete stable block:mad: To add insult to injury his wife just laughed at it!

newrider.com