Blair Athol Horse Trials 2015

michelle18

Jun 1, 2015
Hi guys,
Sorry if this shouldn't be posted here (it's the only place u can post ).

I going to the blair athil horse trials this year for the first time and I'm so excited. Unfortunately just a spectator but was wondering what type of things I should take? I have accommodation just outside atholl estates so not camping or anything but should I take some fold up chairs? Also is there anything in particular I should wear?

Any advice or tips from fellow goers would be great thanks

Hiya!
Hope you enjoy it, I'm going on the Saturday hopefully.
I tend to wear my country boots or wellies if it's wet, jeans and tshirt with a water proof wind proof jacket. I carry a small bag that can be worn across my body and if it is warm, my jacket is folded over the bag, if it's raining or cold, it's on.
I also take a baseball cap and wear my hair in a ponytail so if it rains my head doesn't get wet.
I travel light as we walk about a lot on cross country day. I take a couple of binbags to sit on, suncream if needed and just buy food there.
I think you can travel as heavy or light as you want. I just didn't fancy humphing chairs about when we move a lot. Might be more relevant for the non cross country days, but I'd check re seating for this one as grandstand seating is extra because of the European championship this year.
Hope you have a fab time. You'll love it!!

Yep, what FM says. I layer up, always take a waterproof, wear comfy footwear and carry as little as possible so I don't have to carry it all round with me.

Make sure you've got plenty of pennies for shopping

I'm hoping to go on the sat too :) if I can work out transport (another down side of being a non driver!)

I usualy take some snacks with me (and water) as food at these things can be expensive!

We've been going for 15 years as a family. First time for hubby! Proper folding chairs are a must. I always take baseball cap, sunglasses and sun cream. Lots of layers and appropriate footwear. I also always take my own food as it's been variable in terms of food trucks the last few years. We scoot round the stalls first thing, dump purchases in the car and are always out on the XC by 10.30.

newrider.com