bit wheezy; snotty nose; dribbling :(

Imp

Megan's mummy :-D
Sep 6, 2005
Megan is in overnight and turned out for a few hours grazing each day. I have constantly struggled with her weight and as she has a hole in her heart I am very anxious about her health.

We have tried electric fencing (walks through it and endures the buzz), muzzles (takes them off), restricted grazing (grumpy) and yet she is HUGE!

I'm not riding at full pelt due to recovering from an injury but hop on for a walk hack twice a week. She's ridden by RI once a week 1/2 hour to 1 hour depending on the heat, I lunge her twice a week.

Last week in the really hot weather she couldn't sustain canter for more than 1/2 the menege. RI said she was wheezy. I rested her for two days and soaked her hay for her night time net.

I lunged her today and she was wheezy within 5 minutes. I noted today for the first time that she has a bit of a snotty (white/clearish) nose and was dribbling (dentist is due this month). She was also a bit on the quiet side too but nothing to make me think she was ill. :(

She isn't head shaking and I'm worry gutsing myself silly that she's got COPD because I know the insurers will wriggle out of paying for any help she needs because of her heart condition :mad:

Vet coming tomorrow morning but any thoughts in the meantime? :)

newrider.com