bit help please!!evadin contact

Palomino Mare

Jan 22, 2007
Hello!

Jerry's always had a soft mouth and held his head in the air. he has quite a large chunk of scar tissue in his mouth too - doesnt feel it but i think it may take up room in his mouth?

He plays with his bit too, goin best in a french link so there's something there. i got him a KK (cant remember the name of it) but its the bit for horses that grind their teeth? he goes ok in it but he will still grind his teeth - not as much though.

he is also a jaw crosser and therefore his grackle was dusted off and re-intoduced.

everything was progressing with the kk and the grackle but after nearly a month off work he's refusing contact and flinging his head in teh air and his shoulder our (feels like he's trying to rear but he's not).

i've been wanting to try a new bit for a while, any suggestions?

Have his teeth been done recently? Just wondering if this problem has just started recently?:)

oh my appologies for the poor spelling in my title!!

actually thats what a friend of mine asked (she rode him for me to reassure me a wasnt causing the problem!)- they were only done about 6/7weeks ago in prep for him to go to the vets

personally i would take the grackle off, if he has got worse since he has had it on (thats what it sounds like from your post)

perhaps add a martingale to stop him flinging his head up.

is his back ok, if he hasnt been off work he will have lost muscle and he might be in pain from a badly fitting saddle, so it isnt a bit problem at all.

newrider.com