Bird poo

MAC66

Jun 18, 2009
Kent
For the last week or so Mac has been coming in from the field every day with bird poo all over his back. I've not noticed it on any of the other horses so I'm puzzled what it is about Mac that attracts birds. Perhaps it's the size of his back that makes a good landing stage. When it has dried into his coat it leaves white spots that are difficult to get rid off. It's strange, it's never happened before.

Poor Mac! Our Chloe n Storm sometimes get plopped on but not often. When there was swallows nests in their boxes Storm got covered - this year the birds are in the spare stable on the end thankfully!
Tis annoying to get out - bad enough on grey!!!

If its any consolation the birds also enjoy plopping on ale, but they stand on his back and do it as I have seen them!

One of the other liveries told me today she has seen birds standing on the horses backs and catching insects. There are clouds of little midgy things about at the moment so the birds are making the most of it.

The crows always sit on my donkey's backs - and peck the hair out of them when they are moulting. Swallows in Solly's stable used to poop on him all night long - he didnt mind at all!:)

I wish they would settle on Joseph and Dolly's backs and get the midges - might help with their sweet itch.:(

newrider.com