Bim gets even older and a few questions about EDT report

raggydoll

Hattie & Bimble
May 16, 2005
North Lincolnshire
Ok so Bim saw and EDT last week, a new guy as the old one has stopped doing it. I was at work so someone else was there with her. They gave me her report card at the weekend and i have no idea what any of it means apart from "age...........25 plus" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :(

so other than that it says "condition-5/5" is that her condition or the condition of her teeth :confused:

"Bimbles 9's are beginning to show signs of wearing out. She has moderately sharp buccal and lingual edges" :confused:

Can any one shed any light on what this means while i get over yet another 5 plus years being added onto my girls age :(

Phone the dentist whilst it is still fresh in their mind. Get them to explain what they mean and the implications of it. You are a paying customer after all!

I had a horse that I bought. She was 12 yrs old according to previous owners. Then I had issues with her so moved her onto a yard. The YO and a number of other horsey people told me she had the teeth of a 20 plus yo. :eek: The dental technician even agreed. :confused: When I sold her the new owners vet aged her at 12 yo and no older. :rolleyes: So you tell me who really knows the age of a horse. Especially after 20 yo...:confused:

Tooth 9 is the first molar (the horse have 11 teeth on each arcade and they're numbered from the front backwards - incisors 1, 2 and 3, canine 4, wolf teeth 5, premolar 6, 7 and 8 and molars 9, 10 and 11.

Buccal is 'cheek' and lingual is 'tounge'. The lower jaw is narrower than the upper jaw so the outside (cheek or 'bucal') edges on the upper jaw become sharp and the lower inside (lingual) edge on the lower jaw.

Not sure what the 5/5 means:confused:

newrider.com