Big wuss vibes needed please!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
It is time for the dreaded dentist again - yes, my nightmare.......Some of you may remember last year I was forced to see a dentist after 5 years avoidance. Had an abscess so no choice!lol. Anyway, he's very nice and used to silly nervous types like me, but I am still bricking it for Wednesday! I have a check up - don't ask me why, but I sense a filling needed.....eeeeeeeek!!! It is keeping me awake worrying but at the same time, I dare not go - not after all the money I spent last year, would be a shame to lapse again. Anyway, any spare NR vibes for a complete wuss much appreciated......

I know how you feel! I really really need to see a dentist, there's no NHS ones accepting new patients so will have to be private and I'm constantly putting it off! Had horrid toothache last week so it won't be long before I really have to relent and get my bum there!

Jovi - don't put it off missus!! I've had to see a private one, there's not been any NHS around here for yonks. My previous dentist was private, but we just didn't click and I developed a HUGE phobia! This one is fab though, no exactly that local (its a good hours drive from home) but worth it. OH is very patient with me, he comes with me on each visit - I am such a wuss.

Ooooo i know how you feel, my appointment is creeping up on me too 12th of March ... i get nervous weeks beforehand. Sending *non needy filling* vibes x

I keep waking up in the middle of the night dreading it!!! Gosh, its a bit sad really, you'd think I'd have got used to it by now........!!!

I am not much help with reassurance as I haven't been for 10 yrs ! I'm not going !!!!
Last April, at the parelli Celebration at the NEC in Birmingham, I got so excited I bit down too hard on my toffee popcorn and the back 2 thirds of a molar sheared off at gum level so I had to sit the rest of the performance with my tongue in the hole to keep the air off the nerve !
Luckily my hotel was right at the airport terminal and there was Boots chemist open in the evening and they had a temporary tooth repair kit so I dabbed and dribbled all over the sink in the hotel room and managed to fill the gap over the nerve. It worked so well that I decided I didn't need to go to the Driller Killer. Every 3 months or so I re-fill the hole and carry on :biggrin:
Don't care if it goes rotten as, weirdly, I don't mind extractions, just fillings, and they can just whip it out !!!!!
No help am I :giggle:
Good Luck xx

Ooooh Dragonfarmgirl - what are you like?! Now my phobia is extractions..........gosh, brings me out in a cold sweat thinking about them........
Am really not lookin forward to tomorrow. What a way to spend my day off!!!! Still, going to call at Iceland on the way home and treat us to something naughty and junk foodie!

newrider.com