BIG thanks to Tanyajayne and family!!

eml

Apr 29, 2002
Leicestershire
www.ivanhoeequestrian.net
Today I 'taught' the lady who collapsed while riding a couple of weeks ago. I was a 'bit '.... like majorly worried about this so TJ who's family I teach volunteered to sit in the gallery to support me.

I was even more worried about the rider when she told me her 8yo son had to summon help this week as she collapsed again at home and having had total body scans has to spend a day in hospital next week having her heart monitored and 'by the way she had almost called an ambulance today because she had chest pains'. Does this lady not realise how ill she was/is?

I said I would not teach her but she could sit on my most saintly saint while TJs daughter who is one of my teenage helpers led her just to give her a pleasant quiet time. Unfortunately I had to say at the end I couldn't teach her until she had regained balance and health as it was not really safe.

BIG BIG thanks to TJ and oldest daughter, I would not even have let her on a horse without their help and on balance I am sure it was the right ,if a scary, thing to do.

Thanks, but to put things in perspective thats nothing compared to all the help and advice you have given us.

Lady is definately not right but she really needed to get back on a horse just to prove to herself that she could - how amazing that you allowed her to do so many people wouldn't have and that would have definately been worse for her.

On a light note I have finally found something more scarey than a two year old running round your yard:eek::D

i think you did the right thing eml, it's just not safe if she keeps collapsing (i have a friend, who doesn't ride, who has the same problem and 18 months later still no resolution). and what great helpers you sound to have :)

newrider.com