Big move tomorrow

I have not posted much about our horses recently not been much to say. Jas and Kiz have wintered out and are about to start work again. I have just enjoyed reading everyone else' posts.

Tomorrow the horses are moving back to the yard we started at many years ago. I left as it was near my family used to live before my Dad died and too many memories but now after many years that feeling has gone. Very excited but as neither horse is proven to box this could be a fun experience.

Hubby and I love the riding off road where they are now once off road but the only road to get to it is too fast. It spoils hacking knowing the journey home is not good ( if that makes sense). Also my job is now in the wrong direction for yard. Will miss people there but will be good to see old friends again. Has been playing on both our minds and not sure how but we came to the decision to move back but we both agreed it will be right.

Last edited:
Sounds like it will be a move for the better :) it's not nice having to risk fast traffic. Hope they both load well for you!

Good luck and hope it went / goes well. You might be pleasantly surprised, they might load with no probs at all!! (Our pair did when we moved yards a few years ago and again when they came home to live).

Good luck for the move - I know how much of a big deal it can be.

I moved Roxy just over a month ago, I 'ummed' and 'aaahed' about whether to move her but I am SOOOOO glad I did. Turned out to be the best decision I ever made.

Let us know how they load. I went to the British Showjumping Open at the NEC last week and there was a parelli demo on how to load your horse if they're not keen on trailers, which was very interesting. In a nutshell they advised to really bond with your horse first, in the long run and a couple of hours (or so) before you want to load. And encourage the horse to go in in it's own time - let it explore the trailer and encourage as much as possible. It was interesting as one of the horses they loaded wasn't overly keen so it was good to see the work in progress.

Fingers crossed! :)

Move has gone but in true to us style was not straightforward.

Transport arrived early but we were ready. Fantastic person an NH trainer but Kizzy was not happy about box. She spent 3 hours playing with Kizzy showing her the box and by the end of it Kizzy would go in but did not get why she was going in a small box, Transporter was not happy she did not want to travel her as Kiz was stressed plus she was late for next appointment. Then the tractor to till the field turned up so we had to move. Transporter tried to help.

She phoned every transporter she knew but no joy. Luckily my YO surfed and found a few too local transporters. One was having a day of but said he would move them. He was very gentle and with gentle use of a chiffney Kiz boxed. Jas then after 4 hours was a sweetheart to box in what could have been iffy- the near side of a rear facing trailer.

We then moved. Kiz and boss of new field met. She said do not mess with me and he said OK sod off.

They are now settled and TBH I am chuffed with both transporters.

newrider.com