Big changes (I hope)

diamonddogs

Apr 14, 2008
Badiddlyboing, Odawidaho
I'm trying not to get too excited, but I can't help it... :skip:

I'm not saying I'm unhappy at my current yard because I'm not, but there's a new livery yard opening up just up the lane slightly from where I am now and I really really wanna go.

Good points:
  • Lovely school
  • Horsewalker
  • Gorgeous boxes, some heated
  • Rubber matting in each box
  • Haybar in each box
  • Individual lighting in each box
  • Solarium
  • Heated showers in washboxes
  • Beautiful secure tack room with wood stove
  • Somewhere comfy to sit and have a coffee with wood stove
  • CCTV
  • Lovely friendly owner on site
  • No messing about trying to find someone to move Sham - it's easy walking distance

Bad points:
  • None... OK, no indoor school
  • Cost is over twice what I'm paying now

Now at the moment I'm only working part time, but I've just got a new job as a bank admin with the NHS to work on the days I don't work at the mo, but understandably OH doesn't want me spending that kind of dosh on Sham right now.

However, I've been half heartedly looking for a sharer since summer, though I'd prefer to do it all myself really, and someone at work came up to me on Wednesday saying she had a very reliable friend who's looking to share a horse before she buys one of her own. She can't come and meet us till Wednesday, so I'm really hoping she wants to help us, because that means we can move to the lovely yard.

This new yard certainly sounds good. And you wouldn't be interested in moving if everything was 100% where you are now I don't think. I believe in fate and things happening for a reason, well most things anyway, and hope things go well on Weds with the potential sharer.

"Good points:
Lovely school
Horsewalker
Gorgeous boxes, some heated
Rubber matting in each box
Haybar in each box
Individual lighting in each box
Solarium
Heated showers in washboxes
Beautiful secure tack room with wood stove
Somewhere comfy to sit and have a coffee with wood stove
CCTV
Lovely friendly owner on site
No messing about trying to find someone to move Sham - it's easy walking distance"

Ok - lovely school - that is good
Gorgeous boxes, some heated - nope, don't care - would rather have turnout. No horse needs heating unless you live in the Arctic.
Rubber matting - I would say that was a necessity
Haybar - yup ditto but could do a haynet (heinous crime with some, I know)
Individ lighting - Not exactly a selling point more useful
SOlarium - for horses or owners?
Showers - ditto again " " - I shower my horse once a year if we got a show.
all takc rooms should be secure

Hmmmm...... nothing floats my boat there but I would rather my horse was in a field rather than the equivalent to my bedroom.

Maybe that is just me.

...but I would rather my horse was in a field rather than the equivalent to my bedroom.

Maybe that is just me.

Nope, not just you - my perfect yard would have all the above, but the option of 24/7 all year turnout. None of my local yards offer all year turnout any more, more's the pity. I used to be able to leave Kels out on all but the most vile of nights.

I wouldn't use all the facilities all the time (I definitely won't be having a heated stable), but to have them when you need them, like a solarium to dry off a cold wet horse when you're desperately short of time, or a horsewalker to chuck them on while you muck out, is wonderful.

Hmmmm...... nothing floats my boat there but I would rather my horse was in a field rather than the equivalent to my bedroom.

Maybe that is just me.

Me too Francis sadly I live on the Staffs Cheshire border with all grazing cattle grazing & my elderly Highland is laminitic so is imprisoned , sad really because he was always fine in even in a blizzard without a rug just his thick rufty tufty Highland coat.

newrider.com