BHS Trec mini comp - ptv obstacles?

Laura+Phantom

Jan 25, 2004
Okay i've never done Trec but i've been looking into it as something Cassie could actually do, and there's like a mini trec comp at the end of December, no POR stage, just control of paces and a PTV course? So what kind of things would be in that at newcomers level? It doesn't really say on the websites and I don't want to buy the book yet...

She's bombproof, I just have to see if she'll actually jump, now her shoes are off and she's not so stiff.

This is the comp, the one at Duchy college
http://www.trecsouthwest.com/kellymarks_2006.doc

with the ptv om the trec comp that i did i had to open a gate, go through bending poles, over a few jumps and then do the control of paces with was cantering up a corridor and doing rein back. might have been more but didnt get that far,lol. have fun, wish my club did more stuff like that

Thanks, I was looking through my TTouch book and they have lots of exercises that have similar obstacles so I might try them as well. Cassie has to have a forte somewhere! She gets too excited for showing and dressage, and thinks showjumping is pointless :rolleyes:

i have all my lot aimed at trec,lol. murf was fab at the training day we did, but for the main comp he was awful and screamed his head off, then i managed to nearly chop the end of my finger off:rolleyes:
maddie was an absoulte nightmare doing trec, only thing shed do was walk through the trialer, got so excited cantering up the corridor and then trotted sideways everywhere:rolleyes: lots of admioring looks at her tho, cause everyone else had cobs,lol.
Ceryn was going to be mums le trec pony, but she goes on strike when she shhes poles or cones:rolleyes:
think im going to have to rely on shay.

i have the trec book, very good, shows you how to mark out maps and the times you need and stuff liek that, it also gives you a diagram with measurements for how big the s band needs to be.
i have the book next to me if you want me to pm you some of the things:)
Ive also got the dvd that shows you a few obsticles you do and gives you tips.

Ooh yes please, that would be really helpful :D Cassie will probably be going sideways and all sorts but we'll give it a try anyway! Phantom might be scared of the obstacles and he'd nap on the POR but other than that he'd be good :rolleyes:

newrider.com