BHS Beginners Trec Pony Club Surrey

Oh it DOES look fun!! You were right in the other post... Cherry would trash the S-bend, refuse the low-branches (well you can see her giving it second thoughts in the clip :D ) and as for the immobility.... Well, put a saddle on her and she doesn't understand the word!!! I think I would be walking after her for miles.... :D

But maybe one day......

Thanks ever so much for showing all those... I have wondered what they do... Dom fancies riding with a compass!! :D :D :D

Camping and corralling eh? Would they notice a miscreant from Essex do you think? If we sneaked in? I can put Sennie in a rucksack, Little D style.;) or disguise him as a dog. BTW, we wouldn't be jumping either.;)

Thanks for your PM. Le Trec looks great fun. If I can arrange transport, I will definitely try to come to Epsom in September! (That's the first event in our area, right?)

Thanks, I did notice that training day but I it sounded like they just had a small number of the obstacles to try. Perhaps for really local people to have a quick go? I thought I might just be able to create the same sort of things at our yard. Not sure though... do you think that training day will be worthwhile if we have to travel up from Guildford?

It would be fun to have a go, but I am not sure if I can arrange it. I don't have a horse box, so I would have to see if I can find a horse box owner on our yard who wants to go.

If not, I might be able to come as a spectator or volunteer. At least it would give me an idea of what's involved, and I would get a chance to meet the famous Cooper!

Hi Dee

I would definately recommend Le Trec. I had a go at one a couple of weeks ago. I was not as well prepared as you and really had no idea what to expect. Most of the obstacles were on the orienteering section so it was pretty challenging, but a lot of fun. It rained so also quite slippery! The thing my horse found most difficult to deal with was that sometimes we caught up with other horses and then they went ahead, and then we had to go ahead and leave others behind. But he coped very well! He and my friends mare took it in turns to nap, but we got round! This was my first ever competitive event and I really enjoyed it, very relaxed and supportive. Friendly people and every shape and size of horse. We are planning to have a go at another one in June. There were several husband and wife pairs, mine would only come on his trails bike! You and your OH should have a great time.

That looks like so much fun, and here I was thinking that Le Trec is just what you guys called endurance riding :rolleyes: Does anyone know if we have it in the US? I don't think we do :(

I went to a TREC training day and it was really good fun - am entering my first competition in June with Hallingbury Riding Club - they are Bishops Stortfor in Essex - whats this TREC with camping - sounds good fun!

I really want to try this but suprise suprise I haven't found anywhere that does it in Hartlepool :(
Think they do it at Eston tho...may have to sweet talk someone into taking me and Twig in the horsebox for a go sometime

newrider.com