Best Supportive Boots? Reccomendations Please!

Showjumper

Ex Member
Dec 30, 2000
I have decided that the time has come to downgrade Dolly from an allrounder to a happy hack, and given she seems unable to stay sound for any length of time, I want to give her legs as much support as possible, so recommendations of supportive boots for a stocky 13.2hh would be much appreciated!

Thanks a lot :D

The only boots Daffy likes are the Equilibrium Stretch and Flex ones. There are other more supportive boots on the market IMO, but he won't walk normally in any of the ones I've tried except these.

My sisters TB uses the equilibrium stretch and flex ones all round and they seem to work ok and dont rub. He has no nerve function to his bladder which means he constantly pees on his back legs so we have to be really careful to make sure that whatever boots we put on his hinds dont rub at all

i'm a huge fan of the premier equine sports boots. they have selected sizes/colours on sale just now too ;)

So far the Stretch and Flex and the Premier Equine ones are in the lead (have posted this same thread on 3 other forums) and I think I'm going for the Premier Equine ones (cooler colours lol!) Fingers crossed for an improvement and thanks for the advice :)

another vote for the Stretch & Flex tendon wrap ones....tried many different ones and these are the only ones that havent made her hot and sweaty!

They're here! Super service from Premier Equine, I'm very impressed!

And first impressions are good :D Soft but firm and dotted throughout with air holes. The velcro straps stick to the fabric of the boots and the binding is super soft with sensible stitching so hopefully won't rub. Will take them down the yard and try them on her today - am very hopeful!

Put them on her today and walked her 1/2 mile to the pub and back. Blimey are they complicated to fit!! Granted I'm not used to boots (Dolly doesn't even normally wear travelling boots) but the two straps facing the right way and one not threw me totally. Think I have it sussed now though (looked at photos online when I got home) so will take photos tomorrow - took my camera today but was too embarrassed to post any pictures cause I knew they weren't quite on right but couldn't figure out why :eek:

She moved well in them and her legs were normal temperature when I took them off :) The velcro's VERY strong though so she got cranky when I was trying to get the one off her "new" bad leg - will have to play with that...

newrider.com