Best rugs on the market?

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
My boy is in need of a few new ones for next winter, a couple of m/w (as I've been using a l/w with a fleece :redface:) and a heavy weight (not too heavy though, no neck please)

Anyone had any really good rugs? Anyone want to do a bit of horsey shopping and pick out something good for him (not too expensive, but I seem to go for cheap and that means they break within weeks!)

He's a tubby 5ft9 incase anyone's got any old ones they want to get rid of :happy: but mainly just wondering which makes fit best, are strong, don't rub to much and will keep him cosy.

Thankyou

My porky pair don't really need rugs - but in the past for our old tb - we had quite a selectionlol!
Storm has a Requisite (Robinsons own brand) Dotty print turnout - very lightweight but tbh one of the only rugs that has actually fit her! Good price too.
Joe had a selection of really expensive turnout rugs ranging from GFS to Masta to lord only knows what!!!! He loved the neck pieces.
I would say have a look in the Robinsons book, I can generally find what I'm looking for rug wise in there.
ARe you after stable rugs / fleeces? I have a Shires one that has been excellent quality and lasted such a long time.

Despite the belly my horse gets quite cold, he grows a bit of a poo winter coat and the fields pretty open. I will have a look on robinsons now, thankyou. Don't need any stable rugs I'm afraid, I tend to be a mean mum and just leave him in his t/o at night. But thanks :happy:

I have been buying the derbyhouse rugs recently and for the price they are good value. They also have a huge sale on at the moment of all rug so you could pick yourself up a bargain. I have the watergate combo, used them this year and they did the job and for about £25 (what i paid last year) they are certainly a bargain!

www.derbyhouse.co.uk

Despite the belly my horse gets quite cold, he grows a bit of a poo winter coat and the fields pretty open. I will have a look on robinsons now, thankyou. Don't need any stable rugs I'm afraid, I tend to be a mean mum and just leave him in his t/o at night. But thanks :happy:

Nothing wrong with staying in turnout? I only have two lw turnout, when cob needs lighter rug at night it will be one of these i use. Currently not rugged in stable in daytime, too warm

I like Derby House, Amigo and Premier Equine for Harvey but prefer Weatherbeeta for Ellie. A lot depends on the build of your horse and what shape they are too.

The Best horse Care Rugs:

Every horse owner wants their horse to be healthy, happy, and comfortable, but how do you make sure that your horse is being taken care of properly? Horse owners have many products on the market, but the right product is not always easy to find. These are the best horse care rugs on the market that are designed to make your horse feel good and keep them clean.

The Best horse Care Rugs:

Every horse owner wants their horse to be healthy, happy, and comfortable, but how do you make sure that your horse is being taken care of properly? Horse owners have many products on the market, but the right product is not always easy to find. These are the best horse care rugs on the market that are designed to make your horse feel good and keep them clean.
This is a very old post, I’m sure the OP has got her rugs in the last 10 years lol

newrider.com