Best remedy for sore feet and blisters?

Joyscarer

Dec 30, 2006
Hampshire
I have my first ever 5k event tomorrow but my feet are hellishly sore after walking round London in socks that kept wrinkling under the soles.

HELP! I want to recover as much as possible to make the run as comfortable as possible. Any ideas?

Stay off them for as much as you can today? And those special blister plasters?

That's terrible timing for you, JC :frown:

Yup compede (if that's how you spell it) blister plasters over any blisters they are expensive but they stay on and I usually don't even feel the blister once they are on!

I've heard of people soaking their feet in epsom salts and the like... I don't know if that really works?!

There was an old anecdotal army remedy but i wouldnt recommend it as it involved urine. I am sure you can guess the rest.

Work through the pain, abscessing and pain is all part of transitioning! ;)

Work through the pain, abscessing and pain is all part of transitioning! ;)

Ha ha ha ha!

I'm keeping off them mostly today and am going for a bike ride instead. Tomorrow I'll be in nice well fitting socks and my comfy trainers. I just need to get through 35-40 mins and after that I'm not bothered.

Oh I would have suggested body shops peppermint foot lotion - works wonders. Too late now I guess, just soak and massage some good moisturiser on and put some nice cotton socks on. Good luck for tomorrow mrs x

My feet are feeling much better this evening and I'll be fine for tomorrow.

Poor hubby should have been doing overtime today but is laid up in bed instead. I'm hoping he'll be ok for tomorrow as he is registered to do the 1 mile run to supervise Esme and her friend who are doing the fun run. If he isn't, I'll need to swap to the 1 mile instead.

I've decided, 1 mile or 5k, I'm going to register for another few 5k's this year.

newrider.com