Best low budget summer jods.

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Any recommendations?

Best quality for low ish price. And nice fit, I'm a 26 but sometimes find the waists a bit tight on cheap jods. Online is probably easiest just there are so many out there.

If you are not particularly short on leg like moi, I think Sherwood are a good price. Dublin are good too - they are very generous size wise, and I buy a size down to my normal one.
Sherwood Chesters are denim look and last a good while. I think you can pick those up for about £25 online. Dublin vary, I've had some for as little as £15 online. Hyperdrug sell Saxon joddies fairly cheap - last pair bought was about £12ish. They are made for normal leg length folk lol like yourself! They come up fairly true to size, I bought 28 in those.

Reactions: MrA
I don't wear jodhs in summer I buy thick jeggings :)

Better fit and more breathable and they don't cost that much so I can toss them or without being annoyed about the cost of replacing :)

Aldi here too, won't be long now until there summer event :)
Usually about £12.99 I think.

Which would be the best reccomendations for slim legs?

I'm too after a pair for the summer, but the brands I've tried so far always go baggy & I prefer tighter fitting jodhpurs or breeches.

I do like Sherwood, I love my Gallop denim pairs that I wear casual.
I like equitheme breeches for fit, I keep my eye on eBay as I would get more.

@Ale you know we are getting a summer :)
I am back in my winter weight jodhpurs and added a shirt to my layers.

Last edited:
Which would be the best reccomendations for slim legs?

I'm too after a pair for the summer, but the brands I've tried so far always go baggy & I prefer tighter fitting jodhpurs or breeches.

Oooh nowt worse than baggy jodhs!lol
I find the Sherwood denim ones keep their shape pretty well.

Thanks everyone. I own a pair of gallop jods but they are a bit tight on the waist and a bit baggy in the legs.

I will try and get to an aldi when they have an event but I'm normally working.

Will check out hyperdrug thanks @Trewsers

I am fussy and as yet I haven't bought a pair of cheap jods I actually like! I always find you get VPL and that really puts me off! Caldene Carters are the best of the bunch IMO (no VPL).

Ale you might find aldi jods too big for you, I buy the smallest size (26) they do in adults and they fit me well, I'm much bigger than you I think. You could try the kids size but if your tall they might not be long enough in the leg. :-(

Ale you might find aldi jods too big for you, I buy the smallest size (26) they do in adults and they fit me well, I'm much bigger than you I think. You could try the kids size but if your tall they might not be long enough in the leg. :-(

Ah okay well it's probably not worth me bothering then, think I would be too tall for the kids sizes. I'm a size 8 in regular clothes.

Ah okay well it's probably not worth me bothering then, think I would be too tall for the kids sizes. I'm a size 8 in regular clothes.
Yeah your a size smaller than me so probably wouldn't fit you well, not sure what sizes the kids stuff is but I'll ask my friend tomorrow, she should be able to give me an idea on sizing. How tall are you Ale?

newrider.com