Best Friend bareback pad - will it rub?

Twigletz7

would rather be riding...
Jan 3, 2007
Devon
My new very lovely hunter green Best Friend bareback pad arrived this evening:D
Its great and feels very squishy and comfy:eek: but I'm a bit worried about the non slip underside. Misti is a chestnut with v.sensitive skin and I worried that it will rub and cause her to get sore as it feels quite plasticy:confused:

Does anyone have any experience with these pads and could tell me if I am right to worry. I really want it to be ok because it is lovely and will match the green polo bandages I have ordered.... me, vain? Never!!:p;)

Mine was fine, some people opt for pad underneath for more padding but i was fine.
I've got new pad now but enjoyed bestfriend i had the blue.

I have one, never caused a problem, most of my pads are non slip though and I don't have any problems with them.:)

I really fancy trying one of these pads, in the comfort of our own little field of course! :) I need to work on my seat and position and think it might help a bit!

Oh thats great, I will give it a go next time I ride:)

If it does rub do you think it would be ok to put her sheepskin underneath?

I had one and used a polypad underneath. Unfortunately my boy doesnt like the "grippy" stuff at all so the girth was an issue. Think perhaps it pulled at his hairs. I have since found out he doesnt like neoprene girths either. Maybe put the girth in a sleeve rather than give it chance to become an issue.

I had one and used a polypad underneath. Unfortunately my boy doesnt like the "grippy" stuff at all so the girth was an issue. Think perhaps it pulled at his hairs. I have since found out he doesnt like neoprene girths either. Maybe put the girth in a sleeve rather than give it chance to become an issue.

Good idea, I think I will do that:)

newrider.com