Best detergent to wash lambswool numnah

I use ECOVER delicate, I got it from Asda but I've seen it in Morrisons.
Out of all the wool washing liquids I thought this one smelt the nicest :eek:.
I'm pleased with the way it cleans too.

Best thing, from the fiber point of view. Try and find a soap free wool wash, boots the chemists is the one I prefer for washing all my spinning fibers and lambskins with, failing that asda do a really nice cashmere wash that really looks after your sheepskins. Dont use any softners or conditioners in the final rise or this makes the hooks at the end of each fiber lay flat and your snuggly lambskin turns into a skating rink and wont stay where you put it.

For stubborn stains and sweat marks, find an art supply store and get some synthrapol, an overnight tepid soak in a bucket with 2 or 3 drops will really loosen out all those stains.

I do horse rug repairs and i swear by "Grannys soap flakes". Its just pure soap flake and i use it for all my saddlecloths lightweight rugs and sheets.
It reduces the risk of irritation to the horse as there are no purfumes or colourings and comes up nice and clean. There is a smell to it but just a clean smell.
As it is pure soap there is little risk of it stripping and of the waterproofing from rugs.

I think this is also suitable for wool products.

Wow thanks all, some great suggestions there, Louki you sound like a bit of a wool expert ?

I'll see what I can find.

Thanks again xxx

newrider.com