Best buy of 2013?

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
What has been your best buy of 2013 both horsey and non horsey?

For me non horsey: my purple £3.99 Homebase cafeteriere thingy - it provides endless good coffee!!!!

Horsey: the discovery that molasses gets madam's Danilon down her!!

Over to you....

Best buy was my Xmas present: the most amazing head torch, by LED LENSER (or something like that!!!) so that is sort of horsey and non-horsey at same time??!

Hmmmm. I'm not sure.

Horse-wise: I bought a haycube which was an absolute life saver for soaking hay as it meant I didn't need to break my back pulling heavy haynets out of a bin. It wasn't cheap though!

Oh and my Le Chameau wellies, again, a bit more money than I'd usually spend but no leaks (and I would have had leaks by now with a cheap pair of wellies - I am the wellie destroyer) and enough space for nice cozy, warm socks!

Other than that I'm not sure, I don't really buy very much for myself that isn't necessary/horsey...

My mum got me a pretty good Christmas present. It is a lavender neck pillow that you heat up in the microwave. It is brilliant after a hard day and helps send me off to sleep!

Hmmmm. I'm not sure.

Horse-wise: I bought a haycube which was an absolute life saver for soaking hay as it meant I didn't need to break my back pulling heavy haynets out of a bin. It wasn't cheap though!

Oh and my Le Chameau wellies, again, a bit more money than I'd usually spend but no leaks (and I would have had leaks by now with a cheap pair of wellies - I am the wellie destroyer) and enough space for nice cozy, warm socks!

Other than that I'm not sure, I don't really buy very much for myself that isn't necessary/horsey...

My mum got me a pretty good Christmas present. It is a lavender neck pillow that you heat up in the microwave. It is brilliant after a hard day and helps send me off to sleep!

I am going to google the haycube - sounds good.

I am going to google the haycube - sounds good.

I got mine from Herbie's Yard Supplies, they are fab:biggrin: I soak hay overnight and the next day I just drain the water while I'm doing all my yard chores and by the time I'm ready to tie the nets up they are nowhere near as heavy as all the water has drained away. I did feed straight from the haycube and it worked well but it just didn't slow he down enough so had to go back to haynets. I was going to try and adapt my feed bin into something similar to soak hay and drain it without lifting the haynet out but I couldn't face the bother!

Mine has been Evies new lightweight rug. She is difficult to fit being very broad, and I am something of a rug snob normally:redface:

Being as how I am a bit more potless than usual atm, I bought her a Shires Tempest Lite 30 odd quid...perfect:smile:

My ariat windermeres, strong enough to lift the gate off the hinges when my foot was stuck in it whilst on board, and warm, comfy and still waterproof. I think they saved my knee from being dislocated.

They are also non horsey as I seem to either wearing them, work shoes or slippers.

My best horsey buy :biggrin:

IMG_1624.JPG

And the reason I probably haven't bought much non horsey for months :giggle:

newrider.com