Ben is back in the field!!!

Mary Poppins

Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
I just have to post a thread about how relieved I am that my lovely horse is back out in the field after 14 days of box rest with a foot abscess. He has his shoes back on and is sound again. He galloped around the field when he was turned out and I hope that he hasn't done himself any damage doing so, but I expect that he was overjoyed to be free.

I am going to gently ride him tomorrow evening (just in walk) to double check that he is OK, but fingers crossed we have come out of the other side of this episode. Until the next time....

It felt like years! Its such hard work having a horse on box rest, I felt that I had to entertain him and make sure that he was happy. I have therefore spent hours in his stable with him over the past 2 weeks which has been fun, but its a very cold time to year to be in a horses stable at 9pm every night!

I cannot wait to ride him tomorrow. I have one day snow free until the snow comes back on Friday!

Fantastic..... I bet he's delighted. Funny coz we'd all be "Brrr! Can I stay IN, please???" :giggle:

Thank you everyone - I cannot believe how pleased I feel. I have been down to see him tonight and is was standing in a pile of hay looking very pleased with himself. He was also warm to the touch all over and didn't seem to mind that it was -3 degrees and he was naked with a new blanket clip. I touched him all over and there was no part of his body that felt even remotely cold.

I cannot wait to ride him tomorrow - I just hope that the yard/school isn't too icy for me to get on.

newrider.com