Bedding, Wood Pellets,Opinions?!

LovleyJubley

WooHoo! =)
Jan 25, 2009
HI!
I've been looking around at horse bedding and stuff because I might be getting a horse in the near future and I'm feeling sick at the thought of shavings prices and straws mess!!! So I'm on the wood pelle theme now!
I've been looking about and there is a company who makes wood pellets for like buring stoves and that kinda stuff this is the site...
http://www.briquetteandpellet.co.uk/2.html
Is it the same stuff as LWP, Natures best and Woody pet?
Would it be ok to get it from there or is it totally different, it's just it's really cheap in those kinda places compared to Natures best and others.

Thanks!
Oh and any reveiws on pellets would be good and also what kind of bedding do you use, also does it make a nice comfy bed? Thanks again!

I use liverpool wood pellets but I treat them more like shavings I don't mix the wet back in!

How many kilo in a tonne? Would the small bags be under 20kg otherwise too heavy for me.

Looks like the same stuff :) I have been using liverpool wood pellets for 2 weeks now and totally love it!

Like mikh i also use it like shavings and dont mix the wet back in - the bed stays so clean and you dont chuck out hardly any clean stuff as it all falls through the fork! Also found that you dont need a very deep bed for it to be very comfy :)

I still havent had to put any new stuff so its def gonna be very cheap :D

I got mine in 10kg bags, I think Liverpool pellets give you a choice of having it all in one huge bag or 10kg or 15kg small bags.

How many kilo in a tonne? Would the small bags be under 20kg otherwise too heavy for me.

I believe that there is 1000 kilo in a tonne - although it is a long time since I went to school so I wait to be corrected! ;)

If you want to try what it is like without ordering a full batch, Argo Feeds are selling Aquamax for £4.80 a bag. Not as cheap as LWP but good to try a bag.

The aquamax bag is about half the bulk of a normal bag of feed (to give an idea on size) and not too heavy - 13.5kg. They are easy to handle. Am thinking of giving it a go myself - just need to persuade YO that it would be much easier and less smelly than straw.

Last edited:
newrider.com