Barrel racer hip troubles :/

Flynn

Sep 9, 2016
Hi!
(i hope this is the right place for this thread!)
New to this forum, but I've been riding my entire life. I got into barrel racing last year, and I'll tell you what, I love it!
However, I started going to the chiropractor this spring for my hip (which has always been out of place, just now getting it fixed!) and it has really put a bump in my road...
I feel like I am moving it correctly, but I'm not at all. I can still ride, but if I ride a particular horse (not mine, but I ride her often,) she tells on me, bad. I never used to have trouble like this.
It has been EXTREMELY upsetting to me, because I take this so seriously. Can anyone relate to this? Or does anyone have ideas on excersizes I can to help to strengthen my hip?? My instructor says it's just time... But my patience has worn pretty thin...
Thanks!

yes, me. Ive had issues with my left hip now for 6 years and after 100’s spent on physio, osteopaths and going to pilates Ive finally got my Dr to refer me to an Orthopaedic Consultant for a full work up.. It is very frustrating and you have my sympathy but my advice would be to push for a proper assessment.

Bummer, but thank you! He says that it is moving along as scheduled, but that it might change my riding a bit. I can ride the horse I work barrels with, but the mare is super fussy. My hips are a centimeter out of line and she throws a fit. The last few lessons have been rough.

newrider.com