barefoot trimmer in the highlands?

tas1608

Aug 19, 2007
highlands
Hi does anyone know of a barefoot trimmer int he Highlands of Scotland, I saw a guy mentioned on one of these sites a while ago, unfortunately I didn't take down his details and cannot find the thread anymore, if anyone knows of one I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance. :)

I've got an appointment

I am excited and nervous at the same time I have Nick Hill coming to us on the 17th, as I am a very new novice horse owner I am just a little worried about what to do when he is here, also what to do before he arrives, what is expected from me?
My shetland is my main concern as he can be a character and I would be mortified if he played up, he will now walk with a headcollar and leadrope but doesn't always go where he is supposed to :rolleyes:
Any advice on etiquette for us all would be appreciated.

Clean dry ponies that know how to pick their feet up is good :) During the actual trim either hold onto a pony or tie them depending on which makes them more likely to behave. Its really nothing to get stressed about, you'll most likely get loads of info during the trim. Most trimmers are nice and do have a sense of humour about equine behaviour as long as its not dangerous :)

The other thing is that they're often a bit more clued up on ways to deal with 'behaviour' in a positive way than some farriers.

I am excited and nervous at the same time I have Nick Hill coming to us on the 17th, as I am a very new novice horse owner I am just a little worried about what to do when he is here, also what to do before he arrives, what is expected from me?
My shetland is my main concern as he can be a character and I would be mortified if he played up, he will now walk with a headcollar and leadrope but doesn't always go where he is supposed to :rolleyes:
Any advice on etiquette for us all would be appreciated.

Dont worry,

Kai was being a pig the first time he came out.. ( twas a windy night and past kais teatime! he was being a spoilt brat)

Nick was very good with him and kept his cool.. he put on a rope halter and did some 'things I dont understand' with him:eek:

by the end he was standing there loose whilst he was trimming him...

thanks

Thank you all for the advice, the Highlands are usually well behaved and hopefully my shetland will copy them (fingers crossed) looking forward to meeting Nick now, you all seem to have good things to say about him.
:D

newrider.com