Barefoot saddle fitting.. *PICS*

T

ThirdTimeLucky

I rode Kali today in the barefoot saddle I have borrowed. Did 'the string test' as advised, was fine.

Just wondered if you have any thoughts on these pictures regarding the fit. It rode well, I was comfortable. I couldn't school in it but fine for a happy hack!

Anyone know what type of barefoot saddle this is?

Thank you.

CIMG2685.jpg

CIMG2684.jpg

CIMG2687.jpg

CIMG2697.jpg

What pad do you have under the saddle? My cheyenne lifts at the back if I use the grandeur pad, with a cheaper pad off ebay it sits quite flat.

The seat looks very small, you are so slim, but look like you just fit in, I am way bigger than you, and think I have more room in a size 1! Perhaps that is just the differing styles.

Its a barefoot london:)

Looks slightly too far forward in the non ridden pics, but they one with you sat on looks better.

It has a grandeur pad, can you get different ones... cheap ish then? I'm new to treeless, saddle isn't mine and won't be using it forever so don't want to spend lots of money on bits to go with it but would love a spare numnah - use one wash one.

Would you say that looks lifted at the back?

The seat is very small I am a size 10/12 and it fits me with not much space. Found it quite comfortable though. After seeing a thread about 'chair seats' with a treeless I was worried I wouldn't like it. I'm used to a jumping saddle!

How can I tell if I have the right size pommel/cantel in it?

Thanks for your help all. I know nothing about treeless saddles but would love to learn!

Have a look in the alternative horse link in my sig:)

To check pommel and cantle size take them out of the zip pockets and put them on your horses back, they should follow the angle of the shoulder.

Thank you No Angel, I just searched for 'Barefoot London' and found another thread which you had posted some bits on which has helped!

newrider.com