Bareback

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I was thinking about it yesterday as I went out for a hack bareback, how long is OK to ride bareback?

Obviously as with anything its best to gradually up it, but how much is enough/too much?

We did about 45 minutes yesterday.

I used to ride my first horse for hours bareback, she was happy and clear back but I was younger,fitter and more confident back then and it all helped my balance :rolleyes:
Another horse I had lots of saddle fit issues with and we would ride about 4 hours comfortably with a bareback pad and a HAF pad underneath. The suede helped me and I just knew after my knee I wasn't always as straight as I should be so the 2 pads worked well for her as well. She got clean bills of health at physio checks.

Reactions: Jessey
We went for miles as kids, wouldn't have given it a 2nd thought. I was just thinking about treeless and pressure sores and when my boney bummed sister sits on my lap :p

Reactions: mystiquemalaika
That was my concern as I got older :rolleyes::p that's when I added the bareback pad and HAF pad with 1/2" skito inserts. Didn' add muchbulk but gave Malaika some protection and it worked well for us :D

newrider.com